1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RTT Tents????

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Cuzin Eddie, Apr 18, 2018.

1. May 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    I love that your RTT sits at or just above your bed sides! Tent and truck look great too! What rack/ attachment are you using? Pics?

2. May 14, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM Black Platinum 4X4
    TRD Supercharged * BDS 4.5 level with Fox Shocks * AMP running Boards * Bed Rug, Spyder Headlights with HID Conversion * 46 Gal TransferFlow Fuel Tank * Fuel 2 Piece Hostage Wheels * 35" Toyo RT's * Backflip Bed Cover * Pioneer Avic NEX8200 with Amp, Speakers & Subs * Trailer Tow Mirrors * N-Fab Bumper Bar with 30" Vision LED Light Bar *
    That is AWESOME!!!!

3. May 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM
    Vancepp

Vancepp New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Toytec Boss Kit, Method Grids, 305/70-18 STT Pros

I have Rhino Rack Vortex crossbars (meant for the roof) and the RLT600 Towers going across the bed. Sits about 4 inches above the bed rail. I run three bars when the tent is on in the summer, but they are quick release towers so I take the middle one out during the winter and put cargo box or ski rack on. The quick release also makes it easy to take all three bars off in a matter of minutes to have full use of the bed for my snowmobile. IMG_3270.jpgIMG_3271.jpg

4. Dec 19, 2018 at 12:47 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky Toyota Brand *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum Tundra Crewmax Black
    King Front Coil-overs Coachbuilder shims Toytec Rear shackles - Stock Rear Baja Designs Sport Fog Lights Rough Country 30" Lightbar 18" Method Roost Wheels (Bronze) 285/70/R18 Nitto Exo Grapplers Diamondback HD Cover
    Reviveeeeeeee - CVT tents are on sale right now for 20-25% off. I have been looking at the Mt Rainier extended summit as a 3+ person option. But with the crewmax only being a 5.5' box there is bound to be some overhang whien it is 72" long and 48" wide. I don't think the 6" would make a big difference, but I have also considered mounting it sideways and having it open over the tailgate. not sure if that would piss me off eventually though.

jewsNbrews likes this.
  5. Dec 19, 2018 at 12:51 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    That's my concern too. Been looking at the Tepui ruggedized autana 3. Only a 3 person tent, anything bigger seems to leave overhang on CM

6. Dec 19, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky Toyota Brand *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum Tundra Crewmax Black
    King Front Coil-overs Coachbuilder shims Toytec Rear shackles - Stock Rear Baja Designs Sport Fog Lights Rough Country 30" Lightbar 18" Method Roost Wheels (Bronze) 285/70/R18 Nitto Exo Grapplers Diamondback HD Cover
    Yea, the short box is pretty short. 56" wide would not overhang at all though I don't think, but I don't think I would fit 3 of me in there.... I also don't want the tent to be too high above the roof line, but I guess you can't win them all!

jewsNbrews likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top