1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roll-Up or Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Tundra1701, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Nov 4, 2019 at 10:25 AM
    Tundra1701

Tundra1701 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport 4X4
    I've been reading up on this site about different tonneau covers. I've always had toolboxes on my previous trucks, but I wanted to try something different this time. I don't want to throw a whole bunch of money at a tonneau cover on the off chance that I decide I prefer the toolbox.

I was looking at the Gator SFX Soft Tri-Fold cover originally, but they also have a soft roll-up cover for a similar price. They're both around $200 or so. I figured at this price point, if I don't like it, I'm not out that much money and if I do like it, I can keep it or upgrade in the future.

Does anyone have experience with either of these covers? Do you have a preference between the two? Any reason to choose one over the other? I'm just trying to get some firsthand info about these two types of covers. Please feel free to suggest other covers as well. Thanks in advance!

PureTundra likes this.
  2. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    Tundra1701

Tundra1701 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport 4X4
  3. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    00Tyler10

00Tyler10 WETT Expeditions

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Plat 4x4
    PTM Mirror Caps Spray in Bed Liner Window Tint XD Buck 20x9 Wheels 275/65/20 BFG K02s Bamf 10" exhaust
    Soft topper with swing out boxes. Definitely different but far more versatile. The ability to roll it down like a boat Bimini and get your full bed is nice along with when it's up (takes 2 minutes) you get height and far more space that's waterproof. I haul tools, engines you name it under mine and never have to worry. BUT it was $950. Also works great for hauling guns and my dog.

4. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    PureTundra

PureTundra PureTundra - A Pure Auto Parts, Company

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra, 2008 FJ Cruiser
    Howdy, I have the Extang soft roll up tonneau cover. My two cents on the decision are as follows:
    -I don't frequently expose my truck bed, so the buttons that secure the cover to the bed aren't an inconvenience to me when covering.
    -I chose the soft roll up simply for cost sake. If I had the extra funds and needed to access my bed more frequently, I would go with the tri-fold. Simply for the ease of access.
    - Check out my website if you need a few more options on bed covers that might work for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top