1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rodents

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by BoBoGo3, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Aug 15, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    BoBoGo3

BoBoGo3 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Flat grey ToyotaTundra
    None except better tires for weather conditions & off road.
    I can't believe I have to pay 165.00 to put screens on my off road vehicle that I just bought. You'd think with the quality reputation of Toyota this rodent issue would be not such a problem.

2. Aug 15, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Maybe the rodents know Toyota is the "good stuff"....
    Not familiar with screens? Where are they installed?

3. Aug 15, 2019 at 12:19 PM
    Tzvia

Tzvia Just an old woman in a pickup truck.

Member:
    Los Angeles County
    Vehicle:
    2019 5.7L Limited TRD Off Road 4x4
    Just a Bed Rug and Snugtop XTRA Vision
    We have 'em big time as I live on the edge of 'The Santa Monica Conservancy' , Santa Monica Mountains land that used to belong to Bob Hope and he donated it to the Conservancy, from what I understand. I walk there from my house sometimes and go on nice walks along dirt Mulholland. But the coyotes come down from those hills and kill all the cats but I don't think they go after the rats though so there are only hawks preying on them and that's not cutting it. I had to replace the harness that feeds the dash on the minivan a few years ago. Couldn't figure what caused it, but now I am thinking it's rats. They leave their poop all over the walkways around the house, and I had to evict them from under the house last year. I had that sealed for sure.

No car or truck that I know of seals all their electrical wiring off from chewing mouths... Someone here had mentioned that they don't like peppermint oil so put some on cotton balls and put them under the front seats. Need to get a few stuffed under the minivan's hood, maybe ziptie them to the wiring, they seem to like Chrysler wiring. Search around here, there are several other threads about this issue and what others have done to combat those buggers.

Products Discussed in

To Top