1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rewiring a 2006 tundra fog lights.

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Wilkoolad, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Sep 13, 2020 at 9:47 AM
    Wilkoolad

Wilkoolad [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wilkes
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver tundra
    Lifted 3 inches, 33 Milestar Patagonia, XD wheels, replaced headlights with blacked lined, America flag in the ceiling, interior led lights, new stereo system, with back up camera. Bull bar with light bar on it. And a back rack.
    So my 2006 tundra only has the blinker and headlights working, the running lights and fog lights cut out. Any advice on re wiring to try to get the fog lights to work again and get the running lights on. I’m planning on retrofitting projectors on my headlights and just need to fix the wiring before I start on that project.

I am new here, and also just getting into modding my truck myself. I have worked on my truck before, but I I haven’t getting into the electrical stuff as muck as I probably should have.

YardBird likes this.
  2. Sep 13, 2020 at 10:40 AM
    artsr2002

artsr2002 2005 Tundra DC SR5

Member:
    'Yonder
    Vehicle:
    Red-Maroon-Something 05 DC 4.7 4x2
    Can you esplain it a little more? We're they working until recently? Have you made any wiring changes? Do you have the stock wiring or did you add aftermarket? Fuses? Relays?

3. Sep 13, 2020 at 10:42 AM
    Wilkoolad

Member:
    First Name:
    Wilkes
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver tundra
    Lifted 3 inches, 33 Milestar Patagonia, XD wheels, replaced headlights with blacked lined, America flag in the ceiling, interior led lights, new stereo system, with back up camera. Bull bar with light bar on it. And a back rack.
    So the fog lights never worked, but the running light just stopped working when I was installing a new housing for the headlights, so that’s where I am.

4. Sep 13, 2020 at 10:51 AM
    YardBird

YardBird Native San Diegan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonesy
    Vehicle:
    2005 RCLB
    American Thunder Cat Back ~ Retrax Pro ~ Toyota Bed Mat ~ OEM Split Spoke Wheels
    Welcome aboard from SoCal.

Tundra2 likes this.
  5. Sep 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    Have you checked the bulbs or any fuses? I wouldn’t think you should need to rewire anything just cause they are out unless your truck was in a wreck or something.

YardBird likes this.
  6. Sep 13, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    Wilkoolad

Member:
    First Name:
    Wilkes
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver tundra
    I have replaced the fog light fuse, and the bulbs have been replaced or still work

7. Sep 13, 2020 at 10:56 AM
    Wilkoolad

Member:
    First Name:
    Wilkes
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver tundra
    image.jpg This is what it looks like, the blinker lights are supposed to be on when the headlights are on, and blink when I use the blinker, they are not on when the headlights are one, but do work as blinkers. That is what just stopped working yesterday

8. Sep 13, 2020 at 12:09 PM
    artsr2002

artsr2002 2005 Tundra DC SR5

Member:
    'Yonder
    Vehicle:
    Red-Maroon-Something 05 DC 4.7 4x2
    Yep the blinkers are your parking lights. Lit when the headlights are on. The inner bulb closest to grill is the DRL. Check that bulb as well. Double check fuses and relays in the under hood boxes as well as in the interior fuse box under your dash.

Similar issues with other Tundras have been fixed by replacing the TAIL fuse located under the dash on the drivers side. It's a 15 amp fuse located behind the knee bolster panel located about where your left knee would be.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top