1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: King Shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by W3agle, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Jul 5, 2022 at 5:25 PM
    W3agle

W3agle [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra SR5 TRD Off-Road
    Quick review of my experience with the accutuned King 2.5 shocks. I made this comment in passing a while back, and wanted to update my feelings now that I've had more run time.

Front Shocks (already installed on my truck when I purchased): King 25001-143 w/ a 2.5" pre-load/lift (tuned via accutune)| Total Chaos UCA - TCS 87500

Rear Shocks (purchased, tuned, and installed via accutune): KRS-25001-144A TUNDRA 07+ REAR, 2.5 DIA. REMOTE RESERVOIR
    SHOCK W/ ADJUSTER

Candidly, I didn't feel like it was a great use of money shortly after the install. Now that I've really put the shocks through some tough miles, I have to say I'm a big fan.

Most importantly - it's just really fun to drive. On road and off road, the truck handles so well. What I originally attributed to excessively stiff ride is probably more attributable to my E rated tires than the king shocks.

Second to the fun factor - I feel extremely confident going anywhere with these shocks. They feel indestructible.

Third - customer service at accutune was really great. The kings up front were already installed on the truck, so they tuned them in place. They also noticed some maintenance/install issues on the front shocks and sorted it out for me. Good communication and good advice.

I thought I was going to have more to say but that's basically it. Please ask any questions!

I probably have about 800lbs in just my canopy camper alone (including the shell). I've also added almost full underbody skids along the way. My tuning is probably a little off relative to the original weight I spec'd but overall I don't have any complaints. I think they offer one follow-up re-tuning so I may reach out to them about that at some point.

They also look really cool.

2. Jul 5, 2022 at 5:30 PM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Thanks for the review. I’ll take a look when I need new shocks.

W3agle[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 7, 2022 at 12:59 PM
    reywcms

reywcms New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rey
    Beaverton,Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platnium
    Too many mods to come
    Accutune is awesome. We noticed a huge difference in the old mans rig.

W3agle[OP] and AccuTune Offroad like this.
  4. Jul 7, 2022 at 4:16 PM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    El Cajon, CA
    Thanks for the honest updated feedback! Not many would take the time, so thank you. If you are still not 100% satisfied with the tune, we can certainly take a look at an alternative valve stack to whats in there now. However, once you go down that road it's easy to get caught up in little details and wanting to make it perfect. Either way, let us know how we can help!

4x4WarriorOfRocks and W3agle[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top