1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Retrofit Pricing, Options & Info

Discussion in 'EleDobleU's Retrofits' started by eledobleu, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 2, 2018 at 3:28 PM
    Challenger1

Challenger1 Gramping

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Southern California /Tustin
    Sorry for your loss @eledobleu, my condolences.

I have a set of Retrofit Headlights done by you that I purchased from @folly87 I have been trying to reach out to you about..

If you can please reach out to me regarding the issues Im having that would be greatly appreciated.

831Tun likes this.
  2. Oct 2, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Sorry for your loss, really dont even know what to say, its just not supposed to be like that.

831Tun likes this.
  3. Oct 3, 2018 at 8:07 AM
    eledobleu

eledobleu [OP] retrofitwholesale.com

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Thank you

4. Oct 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM
    folly87

folly87 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Limited CM 4x4
    6112s front (1.9" lift) 3rd setting 5160s rear with Coachbuilder 1" shackle TRD rear sway bar TRD Pro Skid plate- soon to be RCI 2018 LED Headlights 2018 LED fogs Fuel Krank 20x9 wheels +20 offset Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/60R20 tires
    @eledobleu

Leo,

No one should ever have to go through that. You've taken some heat on here in your absence, but hopefully you will be at a point soon where you can get back into things and somehow find a way to approach normal again. My sincerest condolences man.

Anything you can do to square away @Challenger1 from a warranty standpoint would be greatly appreciated. I have emails and invoices if needed. The lights are too good to be wasted with silly issues hes having.

Best of luck sir.

831Tun and Challenger1[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Oct 4, 2018 at 2:26 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Thank you! I hope that I will be able to approach life again normal. At the moment, I have been out of state with my family and my wifes family. The most I can do at this point is guide him or fixing it. But I need to know whats wrong.

Challenger1 likes this.
  6. Oct 4, 2018 at 3:09 PM
    Challenger1

Challenger1 Gramping

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Hello @eledobleu

I can understand what you are going through.

There are two issues i am having..
    1. LED shroud on passenger side does not work any longer..
    2. RX350 projector has come loose and no longer secured in place..

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

7. Oct 5, 2018 at 1:01 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    The shroud would need replacement. Strange that the rx350 projector came loose. How long did you have your retrofit?

8. Oct 5, 2018 at 1:06 PM
    folly87

folly87 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    6112s front (1.9" lift) 3rd setting 5160s rear with Coachbuilder 1" shackle TRD rear sway bar TRD Pro Skid plate- soon to be RCI 2018 LED Headlights 2018 LED fogs Fuel Krank 20x9 wheels +20 offset Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/60R20 tires
    I bought them from you in May of 2017. He only had them a couple of weeks before the projector became an issue. The shroud was already out when I sold the set. Still needs fixed but it was more minor than the projector obviously.

9. Oct 5, 2018 at 1:11 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    I understand. So you sold them to another member with only the shroud out. Did the projector become lose during shipping? This is usually why a projector comes lose and not everyday driving especially after being secured for 1 1/2 years. Which shipping carrier did you use? My suggestion would be to file a claim with the insurance carrier.

Unfortunately like I explained before, I am unable to fix it as im away out of town with my family and my wifes family and have been away for more than 3 months. Im not sure when or if I will because doing retrofits again. If you can get the claim approved, I can recommend you another retro fitter to fix it. There will be a charge but the claim money should cover it.

10. Oct 5, 2018 at 1:39 PM
    Challenger1

Challenger1 Gramping

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    The projector did not come loose during shipping. I had the headlights installed and everything was fine besides the shroud.
    A week or two later I noticed the driver side lights were jumping around and aiming really low.

11. Oct 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    I understand completely what your saying. But try to see my point. If the previous owner drove with the lights for 1 1/2 years without the projector falling off, how is it that it fell off after 2 weeks after you installed it? My guess would be that It must have gotten knocked around hard during shipping and loosen then after normal driving and vibrations it fell off completely. How were the headlights wrapped when you received it? Did he put insurance on the headlights when shipping. You can easily uninstall, wrap the headlights really good and out back in the box and file a claim telling the carrier that you were away and you just opened the package. Most carriers allow claims up to 90 days after receiving the headlights.

dandailey likes this.
  12. Oct 5, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    Challenger1

Challenger1 Gramping

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    The headlight were packaged very, very well.

I cant see it being damaged during shipping.. the Headlights would go through a lot more vibration being fixed to the truck vs. packaged up securely in foam and bubble wrap.

LED Shroud.. was not damaged during shipping..

Bottomline is the projectors are not in place. LED shroud isn't working..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  13. Oct 5, 2018 at 5:13 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    Can’t imagine shipping is any more rough than driving. Come on man, the reason it broke loose is it wasn’t properly secured during manufacturing. It more than likely would have broken loose if the original owner had left them installed....it was just a timing thing in my opinion. I would just make it right.

Challenger1 and Pudge like this.
  14. Oct 5, 2018 at 6:17 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    As many lights as I have shipped, Only projectors that fell off happened during shipping not one during normal driving. Ive sent packages with new boxes and when the customer receives it the boxes are bagged up. Within the last year Ive files over 25 claims for damaged headlights all being approved because the carrier was at fault. When it comes to projector mounting, if it doesnt fall off within the first few days after installing then it wont fall. Jb weld has a psi of over 3200psi which means alot of force needs to be made to remove it.

You guys love to find reasons to bash me when you know nothing about the process of retrofitting.

I have a customer who never had any problems with his headlights for over 1 and 1/2 years only a faulty shroud, when someone new installs in the projectors fall out completely after 2 weeks?? Doesnt seem logical. Normally I would warranty it without problem with only the customer paying shipping, but like I said Im unable to fix it at the moment. And honestly, I have enough on my mind already and im not going to debate this. I gave you advice on whats the best option for you to do. Let me mourn in peace please! Thank you!

15. Oct 5, 2018 at 6:26 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    Glad I went elsewhere.

16. Oct 5, 2018 at 6:32 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    You and I both. You know what, Admin please remove me as a vendor and delete my account. You people have no respect for me or my family. Just your own selfish headlights which means nothing in this world. Life is more precious than you could ever imagine. Goodbye!

17. Oct 5, 2018 at 6:39 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I don't think these recent posts are meant to bash you at all. Someone is looking for a reasonable answer and some accountability. Unfortunately it seems to be the same answers as before, not your fault, blame the shipper, send it elsewhere for repair on the buyers dime. You came back and started posting here again after a long absence, although certainly none of us could have imagined why or what you've been going through. No one is trying to harass you, your family, or prevent you from mourning. When you started posting again, I think people started to think they may get helpful answers and maybe some warranty coverage, but again more of the same as before your absence. Life is indeed precious, you know that as much as anyone else here. But to a lesser extent so is people hard earned money, who entrust others to do good honest work and conduct a professional business. You call itselfish, but reality is that this is reality and business, people expect to get what they pay for and when that doesn't happen, people get pissed (rightfully so) and no matter the excuse they deserve better.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Challenger1 likes this.
  18. Oct 5, 2018 at 6:42 PM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    I’m just suggesting you fix the guy’s light and not worry about what caused the issue. No need to go nuclear. Sorry man.

19. Oct 5, 2018 at 6:50 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    The original owner sold the headlights with no broken projector. As soon as he sold it, the projector fails. No this is not the same as before because only 3 people that I have retrofitted that Ive known of has sold their headlights to other members with no problems. Again, If I was mentally capable of fixing it I would, but guess what, I just made it pass suicidal therapy and starting my full recovery. If you think im using the same excuses as before then thats your problem. I logging on here because one of my customers that I know personally messaged me and told me that you guys were bashing me on the forums not knowing my situation and think I made my money and disappeared. None of you have any idea so you can think and believe whatever you want of me.

dandailey likes this.
  20. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    I didnt force him to sell his liughts or challenger to buy them. Again 4runner, you only think about material things and not understanding my mental state. So youd have a better understanding of why I am unable to fix his lights. This is my son, He was 9 months old and my only child. Again admin please remove me as a vendor and delete me account. Thank you! I had enough of the negativity on this website.

[​IMG]

21. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM
    nowayout

nowayout New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NY
    Vehicle:
    17 CM
    @eledobleu don't even log on here man, its not worth it. Down the road if you're feeling up to it come on back. Take care of yourself first.
    Sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace.

Challenger1 and joonbug like this.
  22. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM
    folly87

folly87 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    Leo,

FWIW I would think no one here wants to bash you personally. This forum is a collection of some of the best guys I've never met. The support and common interest is amazing. I hope you know we feel for you, but only want to make things right for @Challenger1. I feel an obligation to give him what those lights are capable of.

Truth be told, I had loads of issues the whole year I had them. The passenger diffuser plastic was warped right when I got them. No functional impact but fit and finish kind of annoying at $1k worth of investment. Then I had flicker and reignite issues the day of install. You were available but wouldn't warranty unless shipped on my dime at 55 bucks each way. Bough new bulbs, new igniters, new ballasts and new motocontrol. Took everything apart 3 times to chase the issue. Ended up being ballast and igniter related. All on my dime. Finally had peace from that for 2 months and the shroud went out. While the other issues could be blamed on bad luck, some of it is definitely workmanship at a certain level.

Just information, I'm not holding a grudge. Just setting the record straight. Now challenger has a major issue and he deserves solid lights.

Maybe kustom54 can fix this situation, he was great when I was deciding my next move and you seem out of the game now. Rightfully so.

23. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:11 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Thank you nowayout! I agree, I wont be loggin in here anymore.

nowayout[QUOTED] likes this.
  24. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:12 PM
    folly87

folly87 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    Best of luck to you man. Take care of yourself and get healed up mentally and emotionally.

Challenger1 likes this.
  25. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:29 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Some of you dont read the warranty policy, only what you want done and ignore the details. If the lights have a defect withing 48 hours of receiving, shipping is covered by me both ways. after 48 hours, customer is required shipping to me and I pay for shipping back to customer.

Any parts that malfunction were replaced after finding out the faulty part free of charge under warranty. This is why I always recommend OEM ballasts, bulbs and igniters. You cant buy aftermarket products and expect perfection. Some are good and some are bad. I always honored my warranty to others and fixed free of charged with return shipping covered by me. Your issues with lights going out isnt a retrofit issue, its a manufacture issues which is why I warrantied the parts the same as The Retrofit Source which was my supplier and offered free parts replacement after diagnosing the issue.

I followed all state and national warranty requirements and set my terms based on that. If your new suspension goes out, you have to prove that it was a faulty defect by paying a shop to remove it then sending it to the manufacturer. The manufacturer may cover shipment once proved but wont cover dismount or remount of new suspension. You guys act like warranties are all the same as dealership. When it comes to aftermarket, there are conditions. Again, you can blame me and say I have terrible customer service, but over 95% of my customers from 4 forum sites and Facebook groups agree that my customer service and warranty is one of the best for aftermarket.

I gave challenger1 the best advice for his situation which he can get his lights fixed without paying a cent after the shipping warranty claim. I have no more advice or information to give.

You all say this forum is a friendly place, but you bash me in my absence, when I explain my situation you still suggest I simply ignore my son, my wife, my family, and my health just because a secondary remember purchased a set of headlights and has a problem not knowing the facts. Ask any member whos projector fell out upon arrival what did I do. They all will say I paid for all shipping, bought new headlights and re-retrofitted them free of charge. Dont you dare tell me I'm responsible for a third party sell when you dont even know how the seller packed the headlights, or how the buyer installed them. At one point this forum was good, now its turing into Tundratalk with only negativity.

AGAIN LET ME MOURN IN PEACE.

26. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:39 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    :confused: honesty is the best policy right?

27. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:48 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Obviously you have no experience with shipping claims. They clearly state to put the product back in its original packaging and wrapping and await for the shipping carrier to pick up for inspection. They will question why you didnt file right away so you tell them you were away. Since when does major corporations tell you the truth? You guys are unbelievable!

28. Oct 5, 2018 at 7:51 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    Orlando, FL
    Koito Bi-LED Retrofit
    Thank you!

29. Oct 5, 2018 at 8:02 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Since you asked I definitely will now. :thumbsup:

30. Oct 5, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    dandailey

dandailey King Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan D
    Newport News Va.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD 4x4 DC Tundra 5.7 Blue Ribbon
    Bakflip Revolver X2 ,Nestahedition Firestalk antenna, TRD dual exhaust, WeatherTech liners, in channel deflectors, 20% tint front, Tundra bed mat.AFE pro dry s filter,SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm., Wheel to wheel N-Fab 3 steps.Lamin-X yellow on fogs, Bilstein 6112's top setting, BFG KO2's 275/70-18.Pioneer HU, JL RD amp, Focal speakers everywhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top