1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

replacing upper ball joints in 2011

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by peterhansolo, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Jul 21, 2017 at 7:16 AM
    peterhansolo

peterhansolo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blue Tundra SR5 CM RWD
    3" front level kit, 33's falken AT3, S&B intake, flow master super50 single, bearcat 880 cb with little wil antenna
    hi yall. just wondering if anyone has replaced their upper ball joints. im going to replace mine along with both outer tie rods tomorrow.
    firestone wanted 1600 for it to replaced upper UCA's and ball joints (i dont know why they would charge me for ball joints since UCA's come with ball joints right?) and the left outer tie rod. prior to this i had installed some strut spacers and went to get an alignment done. they said they could not because of the issues mentioned above. i bought the truck with 70k on it and now its at 90k miles.

update:
    did what I said what I was going to do without any issues. definitely need to have a ball joint press to remove and install. however, I did manage to knock loose my ABS sensor wire. going to have to order a new one unless anyone knows how to fix it. the wires aren't ripped or torn and I unplugged and plugged them from the top and bottom. haven't unscrewed the actually sensor yet.

anyone else have these issues with the stability control and abs light on?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top