1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

replacement lug nuts

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by olds350, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Aug 9, 2022 at 6:17 AM
    olds350

olds350 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Has anyone on here ordered a set of replacement lug nuts for their tundra? I'm sick of these 2 piece nuts. That outer cover is starting to show it's age and I'm afraid it's going to come off at some point. I rotate tires every time I change the oil and the socket always gets stuck on a few of these. I'm interested in buying some black ones. What did you buy and from where? Please add a link if you can please....

2. Aug 9, 2022 at 6:51 AM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
  3. Aug 9, 2022 at 6:52 AM
    TundraMidwesterner

TundraMidwesterner What?

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2019 Magnetic Gray Metallic CrewMax TSSOR 4x4
    Katzkins, Rostra heated seats(4), Tint (all), TRD rear sway bar, TSS wheels, OEM black lug nuts and wheel locks, OEM LED black fog lights, Driver side grab handle, Rough country LED Bumper bar, Rough Country Hard tri fold tonneau cover, AVS ventshades, Bilstein 5100's on top setting in front, Ready lift 1 inch ready block in the rear with Bilstein 5100's. Fluid Film. ESP under seat storage. LED interior lights and cargo lights swapped. Rear USB charger port swapped for 12v port. Remote start. Leather wrapped steering wheel kit. TRD shift knob. Kenwood dmx1037s. Hertz K170 door speakers/ tweeters, Infinity Reference 7005A 5 channel amp, 2 JBL WS1000 10 inch subs. DDI Seat Jackers. RCI engine Skid and Vahalla's Shields (front and rear) 1/4 aluminum. Stillen intake. LED Pro Headlights with iHacker harness. Cartrimhome auto up and down window switches. Coupe's aluminum battery tie down. Color matched mirror caps. Color matched door handles. Chalk bag cup holder. NFab podium step bars, herculined. Powerstop z36 drilled slotted brake discs w/ceramic pads.
  4. Aug 9, 2022 at 7:00 AM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    Those are the same type of 2 piece lugnuts the OP is trying to get away from.:(

[​IMG]

5. Aug 9, 2022 at 7:07 AM
    TundraMidwesterner

TundraMidwesterner What?

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2019 Magnetic Gray Metallic CrewMax TSSOR 4x4
    Katzkins, Rostra heated seats(4), Tint (all), TRD rear sway bar, TSS wheels, OEM black lug nuts and wheel locks, OEM LED black fog lights, Driver side grab handle, Rough country LED Bumper bar, Rough Country Hard tri fold tonneau cover, AVS ventshades, Bilstein 5100's on top setting in front, Ready lift 1 inch ready block in the rear with Bilstein 5100's. Fluid Film. ESP under seat storage. LED interior lights and cargo lights swapped. Rear USB charger port swapped for 12v port. Remote start. Leather wrapped steering wheel kit. TRD shift knob. Kenwood dmx1037s. Hertz K170 door speakers/ tweeters, Infinity Reference 7005A 5 channel amp, 2 JBL WS1000 10 inch subs. DDI Seat Jackers. RCI engine Skid and Vahalla's Shields (front and rear) 1/4 aluminum. Stillen intake. LED Pro Headlights with iHacker harness. Cartrimhome auto up and down window switches. Coupe's aluminum battery tie down. Color matched mirror caps. Color matched door handles. Chalk bag cup holder. NFab podium step bars, herculined. Powerstop z36 drilled slotted brake discs w/ceramic pads.
    Ah, well maybe the black will hold up a little better? I know all the aftermarket ones I've ever purchased for cars in the past - I've had back luck with rust or peeling coatings and end up having to replace them every few years. The OE black ones I have are holding up well but I try to avoid driving the truck in the winter as much as I can.

hopefully someone can post a better option.

1lowlife[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 11, 2022 at 12:03 PM
    Bergy24

Bergy24 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Crewmax Limited TRD 4X4
    Have you considered these?
    6E7B91D0-95E5-4802-BEEB-6AF92FFAFC6B.jpg

Taco-Spike likes this.
  7. Aug 11, 2022 at 1:14 PM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra

Products Discussed in

To Top