1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing Spacer Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ahenning33, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Sep 15, 2020 at 8:28 PM
    ahenning33

ahenning33 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Payson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White Tundra SR5 TRD
    Hello fellow 3rd gen owners,

I've recently joined the club and purchased a 2014 Crewmax. The previous owner had installed a spacer lift on the front end of the truck and I'm wanting to remove it in favor of the Toytec Aluma coilovers, for obvious reasons. Is there any special considerations when removing a spacer or is it as simple as removing a normal shock? I've installed the Toytec Boss system on my 1st gen so I have some experience with the suspension components, but this is my first time dealing with any type of spacer lift.

Thanks

2. Sep 16, 2020 at 1:30 AM
    celicacy

celicacy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cy
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Crewmax
    Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Icon UCA, Katzkin Leather, LED Headlight, Nitto Ridge Grappler 305/55/20, Fuel Wheels, Trd Rear Sway bar
    Just as simple as removing the normal shock. Its mounted on top of that shock so it should be all one unit.

3. Sep 16, 2020 at 3:09 AM
    SprinterAE86

SprinterAE86 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Charlottetown, PE, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    Bilstein 5100 2.3/1.5, TRD sway bars ft/rr, Cooper Tires Discoverer AT3 XLT 295.70.18, Vision Manx 2 18x9 +12, APS side armor steps, TRD-Pro Grill and Bulge, de-chromed, blackout emblems, OEM mirror caps and flares, TRD shift knob, Leather wrapped steering wheel, All weather mats
    No need to take the struts apart. Just remove the whole strut and replace with Toytec. Unless you are wanting to sell the spacer lift separate. I would just keep it together until you sell the truck and swap it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top