1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reconcile Cargo Capacity

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by SchnauzerMan, May 1, 2019.

1. May 1, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    SchnauzerMan

SchnauzerMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 CM 4x4
    Sumo Struts, Tiger Steps, Bed Rug, Undercover Flex Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
    Does anyone have any insight on this? The Toyota eBrochure indicates a cargo capacity of 1,560 and the sticker in the door of my 2019 sr5 cm 4x4 indicates 1,265. The only options on the truck are Entune Prem w/ nav, 50 state emission, and the SR5 upgrade. Here is my attempt to reconcile:

eBrochure cargo capacity 1,560
    Xtra Fuel (38-26)*6 -70
    Extra tank weight (guess) -20
    Motor for back window -30
    Unreconciled difference -175
    Vehicle Sticker Capacity 1,265

What am I missing here? Thanks.

2. May 1, 2019 at 12:44 PM
    RussellVaughan

RussellVaughan New Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray TSS 5.7 CM SR5 4x4
    AMP Research PowerSteps; Katzkin leather seats (Nightrunner, all black, no perf/logo); TRD 18" BBS Forged rims; Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT295/70R18) tires; LT295/70R18 spare tire; Rough Country speedo calibrator; Fox 2.0 IFP front & rear w/1" leaf blocks; TRD PRO black headlamps w/Headlight Revolution harness; TRD PRO grill w/color match hood bulge; RCI engine skid plate; BakFlip MX4 tonneau; Baja Design Squadron Sport fog lights w/clear wide lens; front/rear color match bumper covers; K&N CAI; Pedal Commander throttle controller w-trailer brake bezel; SE Toyota wireless charger tray; VLEDS interior and exterior LED lights; AJT Designs interior chrome delete; Sparks Parts driver side grab handle kit; Pop&Lock tailgate lock; ICS Fab dash mount w/support plate; ICS Fab center console mount; SNS Custom Design ABS sensor guards; TRD PRO shift knob; Undercover Swingcase bed storage; Rad Rubber Design engine splash guards; Bull Ring bed rail tie-downs; exterior debadge w/black & engine badge and black 4x4 badge; Charvonia Design billet bed tie-down anchors; rear console USB port; TRD rear sway bar; Fumoto Oil Pan Valve; Toyota metal oil filter assembly; Vexing R1 dash cam; X2Power 24F Battery.
    aftermarket rims and running boards?

3. May 1, 2019 at 12:45 PM
    RussellVaughan

RussellVaughan New Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2015 Gray TSS 5.7 CM SR5 4x4
    AMP Research PowerSteps; Katzkin leather seats (Nightrunner, all black, no perf/logo); TRD 18" BBS Forged rims; Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT295/70R18) tires; LT295/70R18 spare tire; Rough Country speedo calibrator; Fox 2.0 IFP front & rear w/1" leaf blocks; TRD PRO black headlamps w/Headlight Revolution harness; TRD PRO grill w/color match hood bulge; RCI engine skid plate; BakFlip MX4 tonneau; Baja Design Squadron Sport fog lights w/clear wide lens; front/rear color match bumper covers; K&N CAI; Pedal Commander throttle controller w-trailer brake bezel; SE Toyota wireless charger tray; VLEDS interior and exterior LED lights; AJT Designs interior chrome delete; Sparks Parts driver side grab handle kit; Pop&Lock tailgate lock; ICS Fab dash mount w/support plate; ICS Fab center console mount; SNS Custom Design ABS sensor guards; TRD PRO shift knob; Undercover Swingcase bed storage; Rad Rubber Design engine splash guards; Bull Ring bed rail tie-downs; exterior debadge w/black & engine badge and black 4x4 badge; Charvonia Design billet bed tie-down anchors; rear console USB port; TRD rear sway bar; Fumoto Oil Pan Valve; Toyota metal oil filter assembly; Vexing R1 dash cam; X2Power 24F Battery.
    both of those seem low. im' going to check mine later. i remember the truck being marketed as 2000 lb haul capacity, and 10,000 lb tow capacity. ...

4. May 1, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    Jrharvey02

Jrharvey02 New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra CM 5.7 Platinum Dark Black
    50 state emissions may add extra cats, My old wj had 3 (compared to 1) and it was 50 state compliant

5. May 1, 2019 at 2:31 PM
    Atomic City Tundra

Atomic City Tundra Cam Tower Leak Addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra 5.7FFV CM 4X4

Nope, those are right on the money. Tundra payload capacities are not great - especially the CrewMax. If they could haul 2000 lbs, that would be respectable. My CM sticker is like 1320 or so. And I added 100+ lbs of skid plates and a Line-X liner. So mine is even lower.

To the OP: the SR5 package adds the following:

Adds larger fuel tank (5.7L V8 only), replaces front bench seating with front bucket seats with power driver's seat with power lumbar support, adds front center console with floor-mounted urethane shift lever and knob, tilt/telescopic urethane steering wheel, three front cup holders, and an anti-theft system with alarm and engine immobilizer.

So, the weight of the console, and power seat, and other stuff mentioned. Plus, if you have running boards or nerf bars added by Toyota....

6. May 1, 2019 at 2:52 PM
    SchnauzerMan

SchnauzerMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR5 CM 4x4
    Sumo Struts, Tiger Steps, Bed Rug, Undercover Flex Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
    The stickered cargo capacity may very well be correct - I haven't actually weighed the truck yet. My issue is I should be able to reconcile back to the official published cargo capacity, but I can't. The weight of the extra gas and larger tank I can understand, but I find it hard to believe that a different seat with a power adjust and the assorted extra electronic gadgets associated with the SR5 upgrade package would even come close to adding another 200+ # to the vehicle. There is nothing else added to the truck to increase the weight - no running boards, no bed liner, nothing. This would mean that the SR5 upgrade package in total would add around 300# to the weight of the truck. It would be nice if T listed the weights of the options on the brochure.

Products Discussed in

To Top