1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RECON lighting problems...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tacouser, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Jun 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM
    tacouser

tacouser [OP] New Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 Tundra Dbl Cab 4X4
    Bilstein 5100 rear, Klein train horns! Swing Case, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Bed LED's, Weathertech window visors and floor mats,Retrofit Source Fog Lights, Bakflip cover, Ford Rapter hood leds, Hellwig rear sway bar
    Has anyone purchased any products from a company called Recon. I recently bought a LED tailgate light bar from them. It did not fit properly, the tail gate would hit it when the gate was lowered. So I wanted to return it. It cost me 15 in shipping, then UPS wanted $20 to send it back. Recon wanted to charge me 15-20% restocking fee. Plus before they would take it back they wanted pictures of the install. So instead of paying all the fees I decided to get a credit and buy something else. If I did that they would not charge shipping again.
    So I bought some LED running lights from them. Well brand new one side doesn't work. Now trying to get it replaced they won't answer my calls or return a phone call. The company is RECON.

2. Jun 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    A quick Google search on their CS reviews came back with nothing but negative comments...

3. Sep 16, 2015 at 5:40 PM
    hansenp

hansenp New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 White tundra SR5 Crewmax
    7 inch BDS lift with Fox coil overs, 3 inch body lift, 37 x 13.5 nitto trail grapplers, 20 x 12 fuel Maverick machined wheels, TRD pro grill, recon LED taillights, White powder coated N fab step bars
    I too searched that and it's not good I just purchased Recon tailights lights but now I'm worried not only did I not buy a good product they would not stand behind them as a told me so I think I will buy a second set for A lot cheaper and just have them as a backup just in case something goes wrong with them as I am confident they would not fix them or replace them should something happen

4. Sep 17, 2015 at 7:07 AM
    hansenp

hansenp New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 White tundra SR5 Crewmax
    7 inch BDS lift with Fox coil overs, 3 inch body lift, 37 x 13.5 nitto trail grapplers, 20 x 12 fuel Maverick machined wheels, TRD pro grill, recon LED taillights, White powder coated N fab step bars
    this guy from recon I emailed yesterday about my concerns told him about your concerns. he requested I give you his email to help in solving your problem.
    ryan
    baker@4amg.com

Products Discussed in

To Top