1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recall: Pre-Collision System (PCS)

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by OR18TRD, Apr 12, 2019.

1. May 13, 2019 at 2:12 AM
    LT75

LT75 New Member

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Platinum Crewmax
    Icon 3.5/3 lift, 20” KMC XD wheels on 285/65/20’s.
    They can go to hell. I’ve had my PCS issues for 13,000 miles and 6 visits to service before it was lifted. Even filed the first buyback claim before the lift. No way am I passing responsible to myself now that it’s lifted. I don’t know how they think liability is transferred now that the truck is lifted. Issues were present way before.

KnuckleHD and OR18TRD [OP] like this.
  2. May 13, 2019 at 6:55 AM
    cantle

cantle New Member

Member:
    Durango, CO
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum CrewMax Barcelona Red
    TRD Pro Exhaust, TRD Skidplate, TRD Faux-Pro wheels, Ridge Grapplers
    Mine is not lifted or leveled, just a larger stock tire. Every now and again the sensor goes bonkers, lights up my dash, but hasn't slammed on the brakes yet. The warranty work is scheduled for my first oil change, but this whole thing pisses me off. The PCS has been doing this shit from day one, and the "turn it off" option would be fine if they want to compensate me for the money I spent on a feature that is seemingly faulty.

Strongly considering something different in terms of brand for the next 4-wheeled machine....

3. May 13, 2019 at 8:39 AM
    offsetplayer2

offsetplayer2 New Member

Member:
    Woods and Fields, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno CM 4WD
    I've had mine hit the brakes a few times on its own before I had the recall done. Mostly during a curve for a four lane highway headed home. It seems a car, going in the same direction as I am, but in the other lane than I am. That car is actually a head of me, but in the lane beside me. We start the curve and the sensor I guess just points straight and doesn't realize it's a curve. It sees said other car and freaks out. Lights up, beeps, and brakes. Had it happen plenty of times. I've also had it randomly beep but not brake.

Got the recall done and haven't had that happen yet but I have had it come up with a message saying that the front camera wasn't working. No rain, no snow, no dirt, not dark, no direct sunlight. Just turned onto another road and there came the message. It went away on its own though shortly.

pickeledpigsfeet likes this.
  4. May 13, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    Hammy68

Hammy68 Peak Bagger

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Tundra TRD Off Road Crewmax
    RC 1.75” Front, 1” Rear, TRD Dual Exhaust, Nitto RGs 275/70/18, TRD Center Caps, Rugged Cover Hard Tonneau, Rhino Liner, LED interior/exterior upgrade
    So- I’m at the dealer now. They spotted my lift when I pulled it in and had me sign the “Non-Toyota-Approved Modification” form, and checked off the lift and tire boxes. Manager says when he gives my keys back, just turn the PCS back on and he’ll even show me how if needed. Said he would not put any sticker on the dash.
    He said they mod trucks before they sell them and will cover all of this if they sell with a lift, etc. and not put stickers on either. I do have to come back next week for the foam sealant piece they said they can’t order ahead of time- they are ordered per each inspection. They also covered a pre 12,000 mile alignment even though he said he wasn’t supposed to, since I modified the front suspension. Said he’d “eat a shit sandwich” on it, but didn’t care. Good dealership experience!!

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 6:43 AM
  5. May 14, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Old New Member

Member:
    Just contacted my dealer and they ran my VIN and said no recall or anything is necessary for my vin.
    Given that information, when I install my Bilstein 6112 and rear shocks and shackles and new wheels and tires should or will I still need a recalibration done for the system? Or is three inches that happy spot (that’s what she said?!)

6. May 14, 2019 at 8:53 AM
    TacoWuzzaTurd

TacoWuzzaTurd Loving my Tundra

Member:
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 4x4 Crewmax, TRD Offroad
    6112s @1.9", TRD Dual Exhaust, rims, tires, jl audio system
    Technically if you change height of vehicle yes you need a recalibration. Whether or not it will give you issues without recalibrating is a crapshoot. If you're just leveling I haven't heard too many complaints. Also my buddy was a Toyota master tech up until a couple months ago and he said most techs dont really know how to recalibrate that system for a lift. Apparently they aren't trained on that procedure which is part of the reason Toyota probably doesnt want to dick around with making promises for fixing issues on modified trucks. Keep it simple.

7. May 14, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Old New Member

Member:
    Thank you sir. I will do the suspension lift (total of three inches and level in the rear) and see what happens for a little bit. If it gets crazy, I guess I will do the recal and keep this thread posted on how it goes.

8. May 14, 2019 at 2:38 PM
    mojojo

mojojo New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement SR5 CM
    As said already, a level should not present issues (1.9" 6112 is working great for me).

When I was researching, several sources suggested keeping the bow lower or level to the stern. Ymmv

9. May 18, 2019 at 6:34 AM
    phogallen

phogallen My Last Mid-Life Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 Fusion Edition
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Cramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front
    Same set up with 295's ....checked lift and tire size box on the form but I didn't sign. Maybe they missed that!! I even had the ARES garnish on my pro grill and they didn't care... Turned the PCS back on and drove home...I think they did the sealant but didnt do any recalibration that I am aware of.

Tundrablue likes this.
  10. May 18, 2019 at 6:35 AM
    Patriot

Patriot Member

Member:
    Western NC, “Boondocks”
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 Silver Sky Platinum
    TT 3/1 Boss lift, XPEL paint protection, tint front windows, door ding protectors aka- s/s running boards, OEM painted flares, TRD shifter, Weathertecs, ARE "Z" topper, locker-down console vault. 285/60/20 Michelin Defender tires, Blackrhino mint wheels, Pro Grill, OEM drivers side grab handle, color matched mirror caps, and door handles. Rough Country LED lower grill lightbar. Blackrhino "mint" wheels.
    You nailed it! :thumbsup: Keep the fancy and the price increase.

11. May 18, 2019 at 6:36 AM
    Rider0120

Rider0120 New Member

Member:
    Bucks County, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2018 White double cab SR 4x4 long bed
    Ranch Hand full replacement bumper
    E7E2F2EA-BEAC-41B7-BEFF-A3AFF2B98BF8.jpg

Just to let you guys know, my dealer didn’t question me about my ranch hand bumper when they did the software update.

OR18TRD [OP] likes this.
  12. May 18, 2019 at 7:12 PM
    jagged155

jagged155 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Pro
    Same thing happened to me.

13. May 19, 2019 at 3:45 AM
    phogallen

phogallen My Last Mid-Life Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 Fusion Edition
    TRD Pro Grill, front bumper end caps, mirror caps and door handles blacked out. ATC Cap, Cap Pack 6 Gun Drawer, LED lights in CAP, Rhino rails on top, 12 volt accessory plugs. Weathertech floor mats, after market antenae. Ceramic tint film to driver and passenger door. Coachbuilder shims ,+2 shackles, steering kit, bumper shims, Bora 1.25 wheel spacers Bilstein 5100's on mid setting. BW flares with blacked out Route 66 screws. Gloss black powder coated OEM rims and Cooper 295/70/18 ST MAXX. Tech12Volt sound system upgrade...JL C2's doors and C1's on dash, 5 channel JL amp, 2 10inch subs in custom box and DSR1 sound processor...Soundskins in doors and back wall. Trunk and body badges removed. Powder coated tow hooks red. Linex bed lining front bra film and flares along with full ceramic coat. Cramic Pro interior plus windshield treatment. Toyota running boards and TRD anti sway bars in front and rear along with blacked out exhaust tip. TRD door latch cover plates. Full VLED light upgrade puddle, license, interior added footwell plus rear tail light brake, reverse. Added ASM turn signal LED's in front. OPT 7 tailgate light in red. Baja Design amber squadrons wc in front and SR2 Pro's in amber on rear bumper. Filmed reverse light in back, added red shackle on tow hitch and new license plate in front
    Strange they worked on mine

OR18TRD [OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top