1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reason #987 why I hate realtors

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Shamrock92, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Mar 9, 2023 at 3:52 PM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    If I were more dependent on others for repairs, I likely would be more upset by the poor inspection. We remodeled the entire house ourselves, so big picture it didn’t really matter what he found or didn’t find. We gutted, rehabbed and repaired the guts, then refinished the entire house. The inspection was required by the mortgage company.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  2. Mar 9, 2023 at 4:11 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Well in that case you want the cheapest inspections available. Pretty awesome you are that skilled to take on a job like that. Little sweat equity never hurt anyone. :D

Beach Toy likes this.
  3. Mar 9, 2023 at 4:30 PM
    17inferno

17inferno New Member

Member:
    reminds me of that of that southpark episode, season 25 episode 3 'real estate agents :)

4. Mar 19, 2023 at 4:51 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    And reason #988 to my list today - THEY STEAL FOOD OUT OF YOUR REFRIGERATOR AT SHOWINGS !!

Seriously- who in the F does that ?!? Walk into a strangers home and help yourself to their food.

So we began showings on Friday - me and wife simply cleared out of town for weekend so they could do showings all weekend. I keep a package of candy bars in the fridge. My biggest annoyance is when wife takes last one and leaves the bag - so I don’t know to get more. I know there was probably half a bag Friday when leaving - we just get home and o go to get one - gone! Yell at wife for taking last one and she says wasn’t me. I’m like yeah - whatever- we’ll no one else was here but you and me and I didn’t so who did.

So a few minutes ago I go to grab a Pepsi Zero - just bought a 6 pack before we left Friday. She doesn’t drink the stuff - so I know she wouldn’t have touched them. Look in the door and there are 4 !! So now I know someone helped themselves to a couple. Jesus - where in the hell do these people think they are !! Like I stocked the damn fridge with snacks in case you got hungry while walking through my place ???

5. Mar 19, 2023 at 4:53 PM
    Kung

Kung [Insert Custom Title Here]

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    I'd whip up a batch of Ex-Lax "brownies" or something and leave them in there. :)

6. Mar 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM
    Shamrock92

Member:
    Next open house - mark my words.

Also have a #989 to add - but they will be later as I’m tired for traveling. Stupid “comments” left on showings - like seriously - your upset the home wasn’t built to YOUR EXACT NEEDS. Had like 3 of them - all saying something to that effect - really nice but I my client needs this kinda thing. Like why in the hell do you think what your asking for is common ? I mean - if your after a SPECIFIC kinda home/entry - why not ASK before booking it it will work. Then bitch “priced too high” - when I’m 5% below appraisal on a move in ready home that needs nothing. Evidently someone didn’t think so as I got an offer 5% over list.

7. Mar 20, 2023 at 10:35 AM
    Shamrock92

Member:
    Now #990 to the list - potential buyers who complain immediately following updating that status to pending with “But I was interested and thinking of making an offer”.

So you look at it on Friday - say nothing, no indication of interest or any feedback at all - knowing there is an open house Sunday afternoon and that there are other showings and that home is new to market. But complain that we accepted an offer before you could make up your mind if you wanted to offer and how much…seriously ?!? I mean I’d get it if you said - hey, I’m interested- any chance we have until Monday/Tuesday to get our ducks in a row - but no, you said nothing then complained it sold too fast. 100% know what the game plan was here - saw it, liked it - thought “hey - if I wait 4-5 days then hit them with a low ball - I bet I can save some cash (they knew we had a home purchased already and looking to sell this one quickly so we can move on). Instead the move backfires as someone else wasn’t playing games with what they wanted. Hate when people do this crap - seen it all the time on Craigslist/private purchase deals…I want it - but I want to gain negotiation leverage and get a deal too…then cry when you miss out. As they say - money talks - BS walks.

And the 2 idiots who complained about house - 1 upset that the home isn’t “wheelchair friendly and no elevator or lift to get up and down to basement - like no shit - did you look at the pics. Why would you reasonably expect a typical home to have that stuff ? The other - one of the 2 baths isn’t big enough to hold her/him and 3 kids to get ready together - again - who the hell are these people ? What family showers and dresses together all at the same time ?? Freaking weirdos I tell you…again photos clearly give you an idea of size of both baths and can clearly tell the smaller of the 2 isn’t huge - but somehow it’s my fault you can’t see.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and we are good on this sale. Of course people gonna people and I’m sure they are going to make a stupid request or 2 along the way.

Occidentalis likes this.
  8. Mar 20, 2023 at 10:38 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
  9. Mar 22, 2023 at 5:06 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    What makes you think it was a realtor who took your snacks?

10. Mar 22, 2023 at 5:10 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    Society today is all about whining, playing the victim and expecting someone else to solve your problems for you.

landphil likes this.
  11. Mar 22, 2023 at 6:40 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

PermaFrostTRD Tumescent Member

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax MGM Grocery Getter
    limited wannabe, suspension and tire improvements
    As a dentist, I'd just like to clarify/ correct a statement made in the OP. We aren't jackasses because we went to school for 8 years, and earn 6 figures. We are jackasses because our education costs 6 figures. Buying a practice costs 6-7 figures depending on location. Buying/renting office space costs 6 figures (over the life of your practice). Just kidding. We aren't jackasses because of that either. We know that going in. Here's actually why we are jackasses:

"The last dentist had to put his knee on my chest to get a tooth out". No he didnt. That's never happened in the history of dentistry. I now think you're the dumbest person in all of mankind. Congrats.

"Getting a new boat with that crown, doc?" Nope. Boat is paid for. Your crown will keep the lights on for another 15 minutes though, so thank you.

"Cant you just glue it back on?" What, specifically, would you like me to "glue it" back on to? You can see the same "nothing" I'm looking at, correct?

"Well it doesn't bother me now, why do I have to do ____?" You don't have to do anything. I'm merely making a recommendation to prevent it from bothering you. Guess what time my phone stops ringing? Probably right before your tooth starts hurting.

"Can't you just pull out all of my teeth and give me dentures." Sure. And after that's done, I'll refer you to an ophthalmologist to remove both of your eyes and give you glass ones.

12. Mar 22, 2023 at 6:43 AM
    Shamrock92

Member:
    I actually don’t think it was the realtor - just one of their clients on a private showing. Point being though - the realtor is alone in the home with a client - clearly would have been able to see client doing it (or at least see after the fact - client who came with them suddenly pulls a drink and candy out of thin air - pretty easy to put 1 and 1 together).

I’ve heard stories of people stealing at showings - and our realtor confirmed as much. I’m those cases typically the realtor just tips the listing agent off - apologies and let’s the listing agent/seller decide next steps. Obviously- this is no where to that level legally - just a sign of idiots being idiots.

And of course if it was an “open house” situation - it’s not uncommon that someone has a fridge stocked with waters and cookies or snacks out on a counter. This wasn’t that either - you clearly recognize your touring an occupied home - not a newly built model and clearly no one put a box of spaghetti and sauce in the cabinet in case you got hungry or wanted to test out the appliances.

We are 99.9% who it was with a limited number of showings. It was one of the persons offering - or I should say who complained after we accepted an offer who said they wanted to offer and we didn’t give them enough time. Saw it Friday - said thanks and we will let you know - we told them then we expect an least 1 offer from earlier and have a few showings after you / so if your interested need to at least be prepared to have something in by 5p Sunday.

So Sunday evening came and we went through the offers in hand - which didn’t include one from them. Accept an offer and post “pending sale” Monday at 10a you know who is calling 3 minutes later - “my clients crying you never gave them a chance” - sorry - we set a deadline and I made it clear - we aren’t going to play a lot of games - be prepared and realize it’s likely a multiple offer situation so just because you say “I want it” doesn’t mean others won’t be in the same situation - and my wish list on closing timeframes was clear up front so someone able to close faster would likely win out over even a slightly higher bid.

13. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:18 AM
    Shamrock92

Member:
    Well - let me preface my thoughts on dentist by saying I handled dental professional liability claims daily for 5 years until recently AND my wife works for the VA Med center in a dental clinic currently. So yes - I know several dentist (and other medical professionals) both as friends and professionally. Overall - the group is no better or worse than any other educated profession. 95% are fine - 5% are “odd” - and yes - dealing with the public you get some absolute nut cases. Hear about them daily from the wife about veterans complaints and demands for immediate results of long term issues - as well as some of the laughable lawsuits I’ve had to answer over the years from patients dissatisfied that their dentist did something wrong in their opinion and demanding stupid sums of money (not that the dentist did anything wrong - just the idiots FELT they did something wrong - usually because they failed to follow directions given or googled it and found someone who told them they were right and the doctor who physically saw them was wrong).

No my hatred from dentist comes from used car days and working in the dealerships. Just like accountants- they tend to be very frugal. Nothing wrong with that per se. But where it crosses the line is when you start getting loud and reminding me “do you know how much I make? Do you know how much I spent here last time?” - My typical answer is yes, I have the finance app right here in front of me and yes, I know exactly what you bought last time and how much we made on that deal. I understand you make xxx,000 a year - but that doesn’t change your 567 credit score or your astronomical DTI ratio - so 15% is the best interest rate you are going to get from most any lender on a used luxury car and as to what you spent last time - I know and I know we made half what we normally would have because we take less to get customers like you on our books - people with the money to spend and who we feel will be long term customers. You paid less then than any competitors are selling for - just as your paying less now. Don’t like the deal - don’t buy - no hard feelings - but I’m not going to lose money on something when I’ve got others who would jump in a minute if we gave them deals like this on our limited allocations”.

Personally - I’ve never been too keen on people reminding me of how much they make/how much their net worth is either - but you get that from most any profession- not just doctors. I’m usually just like - ok, my top sales man makes 6 figures, my service manager makes 6 figures - but I guarantee they don’t come to your office demanding a price break on services.

Just because someone acted like a jackass to you doesn’t give you carte blanche to act like an asshole to anyone else you encounter for the rest of the week. Works like this for anyone really. And like I said - I realize people can be true jackasses and liars towards professionals - somehow its one of those things that as a society we allow which I don’t get. Truly funny to me with the wife working for the VA - these are all people coming from the military- where everyone is equally treated like shit. But somehow when they get out and back to civilian life a while - - small percentage feel entitled to be treated better. Again - generalization - most are fine and some are actually very nice and appreciative - but that 5% just makes 95% of the problems and everyone who they come into contact with miserable.

14. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:26 AM
    Shamrock92

Member:
    Oh - and love the example of pulling all someone’s teeth and getting dentures. Mainly because these are the same dumbasses who come back a year after doing it complaining how the dentures “don’t feel natural” - well no shit - their not! You know what WAS natural - your own teeth !!

Had more than one lawsuit over that - complaints of not feeling exactly like their old teeth. Dumbasses let their teeth rot out (meth) - go on the state welfare plan and get a new set of dentures and then have the audacity to demand cash because they aren’t happy with the fit. Seriously / more states should place a rule on malpractice - if you sue and win - you owe the award back to the group that paid for the procedure less any demonstrable pain/loss- not just the original cost of services. That would cut down on a lot of these frivolous suits quickly.

PermaFrostTRD likes this.
  15. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:34 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    The VA (and military dentistry) is generally pretty awful. Mostly the system, and a few of the providers. Most providers in that environment have the best intentions at heart and sincerely are trying to do right by the patient, but get hamstrung by bureaucratic or military "priorities" that often tilt the opposite way of patient care. One of the biggest reasons I got out. I can still treat soldiers (which I enjoy) and dont deal with 98% of the foolishness. Reimbursement sucks, but thats not why I do it. I still feel like my patch is on my shoulder.

"Ok SAAARNT... I guess PFC Snuffy can miss my appointment because he needs to go repack a connex box for the 15th time. He's only been waiting for the treatment for 3 months, plus the 8 weeks of basic, and 4 months of AIT that y'all wouldn't let him get seen so he wouldn't *miss training*. :rolleyes: Oh good he's deploying next month? Well his door for that treatment will be shut by the time he gets back, and will deal with the dental consequences of a missing tooth for the next 50 years of his life, so you can teach him the valuable life skill of packing gear."

16. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:48 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    I didn't have to have any knees on my chest, but I did indeed have a Navy dentist crack one of my wisdom teeth in pieces - and subsequently blacked out and supposedly put my hands on his neck - because he only injected numbing agent on the right side and told me it would 'diffuse over to the left.' Choose to believe me or not, but that did indeed happen.

After that, though, I can tell you I was given enough numbing agent that I was numb from the nipples up. LOL

17. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:51 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    Yes, there are some providers that unfortunately have always and will continue to work "risk free" thanks to the DOD insulation.

Kung[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:53 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yep, indeed. I know of one guy who was literally within hours of losing his leg because he was forced to wait 9 hours in the hospital waiting room on the post where I work. When they FINALLY saw him the orthopedic surgeon lost his #$@$ and told them to rush him into surgery. (He had compartment syndrome on his leg.) As it was, he had to have his leg wound open for a week or two, until swelling went down enough to suture it closed; and he walked with a limp for a year or two.

PermaFrostTRD[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Mar 22, 2023 at 7:57 AM
    NewImprovedRon

NewImprovedRon New Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red Tundra
    I actually had an Army dentist have his assistant push on my chest while he attempted to pull a wisdom tooth. Wasn't his knee but it was interesting nonetheless. He ended up having to split the tooth into 4 segments and take them out individually. Sorry, but brand new dentists fresh out of school and into a service are basically OJT.

20. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:02 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yep, that's what they did with me, actually...except for the whole 'diffusing' thing.

My tooth on the left cracked, and I remember seeing red...and then sort of came to, and was restrained by the functionary, and the dentist was across the room, breathing heavily with a hand on his neck. Supposedly as soon as I sort of blacked out a bit, my hands went around his neck and it took a few seconds for them to remove them. To this day I have no recollection of that.

21. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:03 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    Just awful.
    Heres the best part. The belief is that it's a system failure, not an individual one. So after a "mistake" the DOD will pull 2-3 providers that aren't complete nincompoops away from patient care for 40 hours each to sit on a Root Cause Analysis panel to determine what system failure can be addressed so that mistake won't happen again. More idiocy and bureaucracy checks and balances is almost always implemented at the end of the RCA and no repercussions for the dumb dumb that messed up. Total lunacy. Slap the provider in the mouth and send them home for a week without pay. I guarantee that will solve the problem and set quite a precedent to pre-correct any jackass provider that thinks they're invincible/infalliable. Ugh. Sorry.

Kung[QUOTED] likes this.
  22. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:05 AM
    NewImprovedRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red Tundra
    I'm guessing that he was a lot nicer after that loll.

Kung[QUOTED] likes this.
  23. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:06 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Oh you're right. I was there with him the whole time, and 99.99% of the issue was the fact that

a) 'we have our rules' and
    b) therefore the reception desk intake person in the ED would *NOT* prioritize him.

Wouldn't let the guy get a word in edgewise. :/

The only person they DID let jump in line was the guy who walked in, holding his hand with the other one, with a sickly sweet smell following him. Dude's hand was gangrenous as hell. They only made him wait about an hour. :facepalm:

24. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:07 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    He had another dentist numb me after that. LOL I couldn't hardly do ANYTHING but drool for about 8 hours after that.

25. Mar 22, 2023 at 8:38 AM
    PermaFrostTRD

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    A distinct lack of technique on display.
    (Brand new dentists fresh out of school and into anywhere are basically OJT, uniformed service or private practice). Dental school should probably be at least 5 years instead of 4, and maybe 6 for some. If you're lucky, and have any kind of initiative while in school (where actual dentists are looking over your shoulder just dying to be asked to help) you can be competent (read: safe) after 4 years.

26. Mar 22, 2023 at 9:09 AM
    NewImprovedRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red Tundra
    I hear you, Brother!

27. Mar 22, 2023 at 9:40 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    Alright, who’s next? Lawyers? Contractors? Teachers? Seriously guys.

28. Mar 22, 2023 at 9:52 AM
    Kung

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    We already hate them all regardless on principle. :p

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  29. Mar 22, 2023 at 9:52 AM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    When someone tries to intimidate me (or anyone) by aggressively asking me "Do you know how much I make?" or "Do you know who I am?" I instantly know that they are poor money managers, or poor life managers. No car dealer ever knows how much I make unless I do the financing through them, and then only when I put it on paper. If you make so much, then you can afford to pay me a higher profit margin and I personally would be much LESS likely to give any additional discount.

30. Mar 22, 2023 at 9:56 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    Oh! Can we do engineers next?! I have some grievances to air out. @RainMan_PNW or @Fotnot can play as the opposing side. :D

NewImprovedRon and Kung like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top