1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Reacher"; A multi-purpose trailer build from Nerve Foundry by Spvrtan

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Spvrtan, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Dec 12, 2018 at 12:14 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] Amateur fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black '14 CM SR5 w/ SC; 40s on 17s; 5.29s
    Trailer progress update via Instagram..

"The framing for the walls and lifting mechanism on the bottom half of the box are tacked in place now.

Also, swipe right for reference photos with me both beside and inside the trailer that'll show the size of it so far. Keep in mind that my trailer is on 40" tires whereas a current "industry standard" offroad trailer is typically on 33s or at most 35s.

The interior is going to have just the essentials -- electricity and water -- but be wildy versatile at the same time. In sleep mode it can fit up to 4 adults comfortably; in lounge mode it can fit up to 8 adults comfortably.

Oh, and.. it'll have a shower inside."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRN_P5hwJj/

2. Dec 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM
    jc153

jc153 Speed-ish Glamper

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra Ltd CM 4x4
    TC Front Long Travel, ADV Glass Fenders & Bedsides, TC Spindle Gussets & King LT Coilovers, RCV Axles, DuroBumps, CB Steering & Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, SDHQ ABS Sensor Shields, Rear 3.0 ADS Triple Bypasses w/MCM Fab Under Bed Shock Mount Relocation, SUA Deaver I96HD Springs & TC Shackles, MCM Fab Rear Hydro Bumpstop Kit, Solid Offroad Engine Mounts, 17" Method Standards, 37/12.5/17 Toyo RT's, Nitro 488 Gears w/Auburn LSD, Evil Off Road Bumpers, RCI Skid Plates, White Knuckle Sliders, Dirty Deeds Ind. BAMuffler 8" Catback, Baja Designs Lighting, SwitchPros Controller, Custom PS Cooler Relocation Kit, Custom Dual Battery Setup
    I give you a lot of credit for taking this project on. Creative and quite a bit of work. Looks like it’s going to be bigger than others I have seen, any idea how much it will weigh?

3. Dec 12, 2018 at 9:05 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan [OP] Amateur fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black '14 CM SR5 w/ SC; 40s on 17s; 5.29s
    Estimated weight dry is 1,000-1,200. The top of the trailer is still lower than the cab of my truck by about 6". I'm 5'9" for reference in the photos.

jc153 likes this.
  4. Jan 16, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    Juddrussell

Juddrussell New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Tundra TRD Pro
    BAMF Bedrack, 295/70/r18 General Grabbers, Bedslide, Weathertech floor mats, and Tepui Autana Sky RTT.
    Have you considered using MDO (medium density overlay) for the wood portion? @Spvrtan MDO is what truckvault builds their drawer systems out of and i feel like this could be a great application. Although more expensive than plywood it is actually lighter in weight and I have found it at most of my local lumber yards in various thicknesses.

Just thought I might throw it out there for something to look into. I am excited to follow this as I know it is gonna come out amazing!

Sunnier likes this.
  5. Jan 9, 2022 at 5:20 PM
    Uturn09

Uturn09 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roscoe
    Vehicle:
    2017 Grey Tundra SR5 TRD
    None to day....that’s why I’m here.
    Did you ever finish this?

Products Discussed in