1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RCI Fuel Tank Skid Plate on DCLB

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by KingKong, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Oct 17, 2020 at 6:02 PM
    KingKong

KingKong [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Asher
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    2008 Super White Double Cab Long Bed 4x4
    Probably very little knowledge on this, but does anyone know if the RCI fuel tank skid plate (26 gal) is incompatible with the double cab long bed Tundras? I tried to install mine this afternoon and couldn't find where the long drop bracket on the front passenger side of the skid plate is supposed to attach to the truck. Since RCI doesn't include any install instructions with the Tundra fuel tank skids the only sources I have for info are pics on here and google. From what I can see it connects somewhere above and behind the drive shaft carrier bearing support, but there's nowhere on my truck it could bolt to. Sorry for such a long winded post but I'm kinda at a loss and thinking I'm gonna have to return this skid and find some other solution. Thanks

2. Oct 21, 2020 at 10:05 AM
    chingyeunglo

chingyeunglo New Member

Member:
    I had the same issue on my 2020 CM. I ended up go to Home Depot got a 10" heavy duty L shape well shelf bracket can support 100 lb to cut and modify for this.

Products Discussed in

To Top