1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on 4runner order

Discussion in 'Headlight Revolution' started by nodak67, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Feb 29, 2020 at 7:10 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra Platinum Blueprint CM 4x4 5.5ft Non HV
    I have a question in regards to my order recently. I ordered some csp mini h11 and I have tried to clock then several times thinking I had them set correctly finally. Went on a trip last night approximately 300 miles and the performance was sub optimal. About 100 miles into the drive I was not happy with the light output on the road. Stopped at a rest stop and swapped them out for a brand new set of silver Star ultra (wasn't taking a chance if the csp mini didn't work out). It was a relief that the drive was much less stressful with the halogens.

The issue is should I have gone with the sv4 instead for the down road illumination of 36w vs 16w? And if I could can I swap these csp mini with the sv4?

Also do you have a service that you can clock these for 2014 4runner low beam prior to shipping? I would gladly pay extra for this service instead of trying this myself as I don't have the space or facility to clock these like you do in your videos. I tried my best with what can in my small garage but I have a sloped driveway so that doesn't work.

Also to add it would be great if your video series would show the installer clocking the led in the housing.

Headlight Revolution likes this.
  2. Feb 29, 2020 at 7:21 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
  3. Mar 1, 2020 at 7:17 AM
    Headlight Revolution

Headlight Revolution New Member Vendor

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey OP!

Sorry to hear that you’re not very satisfied with the mini bulbs. I know they’re not the absolute brightest things in the world, But they do Offer some improvement over the halogen bulb from the factory. The many bulbs are really meant to be an affordable and small option that fits many vehicles. I can personally vouch for the V4 that it offers a much better hotspot down the road and does provide better side to side lighting due to the boost in voltage that allows the bulb to be run a little harder. If it were my personal 4Runner, I would look into the HID kit from GTR lighting. The hotspot and overall performance from an HID kit does the best over LED due to the way in HID bulbs emits light in a 360° field rather than an LED that emits light left to right, or in a 180° horizontal field. This makes all the difference in a Projector!

V.4 Kit: https://headlightrevolution.com/2014-2019-toyota-4runner-sv-4-led-low-beam/

HID Kit: https://headlightrevolution.com/2014-2019-toyota-4runner-ultra-hid-kit-low-beam/

We can definitely set you up with an exchange for the V4 if you prefer! Shoot me a PM with your CSP Mini order details and we can go from there come Monday!

-Caleb @ Support

4. Mar 1, 2020 at 8:36 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    I don't want to do the hid setup as I want a plug and play option since I will be getting a new 6th gen 4runner when they release in Fall of 2022.

Would the sv.4 or the new gtr ultra 2 be a better choice for low beam?

5. Mar 1, 2020 at 2:52 PM
    Headlight Revolution

Headlight Revolution New Member Vendor

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    We hear that a lot about HIDs, but the nice part is that the GTR kits are all Plug and Play! No Relay harnesses or splicing/Ground tapping needed, they are just like the V.4 install-wise! The V.4 has a better beam pattern out of the 4Runner low beams so that would be my bet.

To Top