1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question for halo9 owners

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Dano8855, May 26, 2019.

1. May 26, 2019 at 5:47 AM
    Dano8855

Dano8855 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I installed the halo9 this week and for me it's a nice upgrade to the Tundra. I am having an issue with the bluetooth call volume. I have the volume maxed to 11 on the unit and on my pixel 3 phone and I can barely hear the person I'm talking to. Does anyone else have this issue and a possible solution?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Jun 17, 2019 at 6:51 AM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    I just installed mine a few days ago, but I'm having the opposite issue. People can barely hear me, but I can hear them just fine.

Every aftermarket head unit I've tried always seems to have issues with the microphone. The factory system worked fine, why can't aftermarket units get it right?

3. Jun 17, 2019 at 7:30 AM
    Dano8855

Dano8855 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    There is a setting that can increase the volume of the microphone.

Do you have the factory JBL system? I'm thinking that I'm not getting any amplification for phone calls. I have solid sound with all the other inputs.

4. Jun 17, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    shakezoola

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    I don't have the JBL system. During a test call with my wife, I had the microphone in my hand moved it within 1 inch of my face and she still couldn't hear me well. I might double check the plug in the back of the unit, then play with the mic gain settings.

5. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:22 AM
    shakezoola

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    Well I was able to solve my issue by turning off "HD Audio" in my bluetooth settings on my phone. Not only can callers hear me, but this also fixed streaming audio through bluetooth. Now I can stream from any app on my phone without having to connect via USB to turn on Android Auto. Before I made this change, bluetooth audio streaming was slowed down and it changed the pitch.

6. Jul 3, 2019 at 9:15 AM
    TRD-tv

TRD-tv Menace2Ohio

Member:
    Cleveland OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Tundra TRD
    I personally liked Halo 3 better. At least the online gameplay

escuzi_me and Amnesiac like this.
  7. Jul 3, 2019 at 10:31 AM
    Dano8855

Dano8855 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I think I may have an issue with my maestro module. All other inputs and outputs work fine.

8. Jul 3, 2019 at 1:23 PM
    shakezoola

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    If you are having bluetooth issues, it's not the maestro as the Alpine unit handles all of the bluetooth communications. I'd look at your phone settings. Before I made the change on my phone, all of my other inputs worked fine as well.

Along with disabling HD audio, clear the cache of your bluetooth system app on your phone. Also, if you phone does any proprietary audio processing, try disabling that as well. My phone has "Audio 3D" option that induced poor sound quality.

9. Jul 3, 2019 at 3:57 PM
    Dano8855

Dano8855 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I appreciate the advice. I've tried three different phones all with the same result. I can stream music via bluetooth with no issues. God strong volume. My situation is like there is no stereo amplification on a phone call. With the sound turned all the way up I can barely hear the caller. That's via BT and android auto.

10. Jul 26, 2020 at 12:11 PM
    datguy30

datguy30 New Member

Member:
    Did you ever get this resolved, I'm having the same issue with the same radio and truck.

11. Jul 26, 2020 at 2:33 PM
    Dano8855

Dano8855 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited
    I solved the issue by getting a sound kit from James Randy, speakers, tweeters, sub, amp, wiring etc and now the truck rocks. Take his advice and add the soundproofing.

Products Discussed in

To Top