1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Props to Sparks Parts

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by taw, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Jan 3, 2022 at 12:31 PM
    taw

taw [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fair warning, this is going to be a long post!

For Christmas this year I decided I wanted to get some TRD Pro headlights and matching TRD Pro grille. I live 5 minutes aways from Toyota of Cools springs and that's where I bought my Tundra, as well as several other Toyota's. I was very familiar with Roman's activity here in the past so it was a no-brainer for me to grab all of this from them and avoid the hassles of shipping. I reached out to Roman via facebook as well as emailed him directly for some pricing since their online shop was non-existent. I waiting a few weeks and reached out again, no reply, at this point I assumed that maybe Roman was no longer at TCS. I was out running errands a few days before black friday and decided to stop in and see if I could get some pricing and availability in person. Low and behold it was Roman behind the counter, I never mentioned a word about the lack of response online but just told him what I wanted and asked for some pricing. He whips up a quote for everything at FULL MSRP. I was willing to pay a bit more for local service but not several hundred dollars more so I decided to try Sparks Parts.

I got the ok from the wife and went to their site and ordered everything. A few days later Fedex dropped it all off. I decided to open everything up and inspect if before letting my wife wrap it all up. Everything was fine except for the grille, one of the small tabs was broken off. After posting a question here as well as reaching out to Sparks it was determined that small clip was not a necessary thing and Sparks was offering to refund my shipping costs if I was wiling to keep it. Sounded like a good compromise to me so that's what we did, they refunded the shipping amount within a few days. All the parts where wrapped up and put under the tree.

Fast forward to xmas day, I opened everything up and to my dismay the grille actually had more damage than I had originally noticed. There was a large crack all along the front left side. I reached out to Sparks again with pictures asking what my options where. They promptly replied and said they would ship out a new one but since the shipping was refunded they would need to recoup that fee but offered to split that cost with me. This was acceptable to me and they got the replacement on the way and I dropped off the broken grill e at fedex.

New Grille arrived yesterday and was 100% intact!

tldr; Sparks Parts was awesome and I will be purchasing more items from them in the future.

Black@Blue19 likes this.
  2. Jan 3, 2022 at 12:46 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    Very cool,, that is strange that Roman was behind the counter. I was told he was no longer there and they were moving people around and this was months ago. I have not ordered from them at all lately so I am wondering what exactly is or has gone on with that. Sounds like they do not want to mess with it anymore which is a shame because they sure did provide a knowledgeable service and I am sure that was a huge part of their business at some point.

Glad it all worked out,, and Sparks is my go to place now, and a local Toyota dealer.

3. Jan 3, 2022 at 1:29 PM
    taw

taw [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yeah I had heard the same thing about no longer being there but at least mid-late Nov he was. I was in there last week to grab some new screws for my grille and he wasn't there either day but it was also the holidays.

It does appear that TCS is no longer interested in parts sales which is a shame because I know Roman put a lot of time and effort into it. At least we have those old threads with a wealth of info here on the forum.

Black@Blue19[QUOTED] likes this.
To Top