1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

price check on these used KO2's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by FirstGenVol, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Jun 14, 2019 at 11:10 PM
    Hbjeff

Hbjeff New Member

Member:
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 5.7 2wd
    Trd sways, bullydog, magnaflow, sumo springs
    I think people that hate bfg’s in the rain are over inflated. These things have a very flat tread pattern that need perfect air pressure to have good contact patch

2. Jun 15, 2019 at 12:26 AM
    SoCalPaul

SoCalPaul New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra Access Cab Limited 4wd.
    Front Bilstein 6112 shocks & Bilstein springs. Rear Bilstein 5160 remote Reservoir shocks, Wheeler’s Off-road add-a-leafs. LED lighting. Pioneer Avic 7200NEX Nav Head unit. Borla cat back exhaust.
    I’d be interested.

3. Jun 15, 2019 at 12:29 AM
    SoCalPaul

SoCalPaul New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra Access Cab Limited 4wd.
    Front Bilstein 6112 shocks & Bilstein springs. Rear Bilstein 5160 remote Reservoir shocks, Wheeler’s Off-road add-a-leafs. LED lighting. Pioneer Avic 7200NEX Nav Head unit. Borla cat back exhaust.
    I’ve gone through probably 8-10 sets over the years. They can hydroplane when they are worn, but if you take care of them, they last a long time.

Samoan Thor[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Jun 15, 2019 at 7:33 AM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    BTBAKER likes this.
  5. Jun 15, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    Skey44

Skey44 GreenvilleOverland

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 GX 460
    Lift, tires, wheels, roof rack
    I had terrible hydroplaning at multiple psi attempts with BFG and returned them to Discount Tire on a previous vehicle. Also would spin rear tires like crazy on wet asphalt if turning up hill. Have been far more satisfied at any psi with Falken AT3w so far. We do have a lot of heavy rain storms in my neck of the woods so if you live out west it may not matter to you.

Samoan Thor likes this.
  6. Jun 15, 2019 at 9:00 AM
    Skey44

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 GX 460
    Not to derail thread, but this point was brought up and minimized above. wanted to put in my experience.

Samoan Thor likes this.
  7. Jun 18, 2019 at 8:25 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol [OP] Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I'm really baffled by the reports of K02's not performing well in rain. Many people report they do great in the rain and others say they don't. For those that have issues I almost wonder if there are other causes? My brother ran them in Florida for years where rain is a daily occurrence. I asked him about this issue and he said he never had any problems.

Either way, I wanted K02's so I bought 5 from Discount Tire yesterday. Their online price showed $235 but that was wrong. They had them listed for $200 and I asked for a better price. I ended up getting them for $180 each. I was thrilled. I take it easy in the rain and see what happens.

upload_2019-6-18_11-25-7.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Festerw, Black Wolf, Skey44 and 4 others like this.
  8. Jun 18, 2019 at 8:35 AM
    Newm

Newm New Member

Member:
    KC
    Great price! Glad you got the new rubber on that fine looking first gen. (love the Ray10's)

JTL likes this.
  9. Jun 18, 2019 at 8:38 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol [OP] Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    Thank you. They were not my first choice but they are growing on me. I was actually waiting for SCS to restock their website so I could order F5's but these popped up on Craigslist used. 2 of the wheels have slight trail damage but I got all 4 for $525 so I was happy with that.

JTL and Newm[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Jun 18, 2019 at 9:54 AM
    JTL

JTL New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Phoenix, Az
    Vehicle:
    '17 MGM Platinum
    Trd CAI, Trd Dual Exhaust, ESP Locking storage, Center Console Safe, Trd Rear Sway Bar, BFG Ko2, Pioneer Avic 8400nex, Husky Liners, 19 Trd Headlights, iHacker Harness, Tech12Volts Sub Upgrade
    Never had any problems with them in the rain and mine have seen a lot of it despite my localtion being AZ. Ive done a lot of my driving in the PNW and even in torrential down poors going through mountain passes and never had any problems. Ive gone through Mt. Hood and other mountain passes where the road was just a sheet of ice and no problem at all as well. I have loved these tires since the day I got them. Thats a good deal! Enjoy the new rubber, and remember, Keep Calm and Tundra On!

YeeYeeTundra likes this.
  11. Jun 18, 2019 at 10:43 AM
    Hbjeff

Hbjeff New Member

Member:
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 5.7 2wd
    Trd sways, bullydog, magnaflow, sumo springs
    Ive run ko and ko2 tires for 15 years. I too have never had a shred of issue with them in the rain. I do drive very safely in the rain. Any tire can break loose in the rain if you punch it or have it overinflated. Its all about being smart. And not hitting huge puddles at speed

15whtrd and YeeYeeTundra like this.
  12. Jun 18, 2019 at 8:27 PM
    YeeYeeTundra

YeeYeeTundra Earl Dibbles III incarnate

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2018 Quicksand CrewMax Limited TRD
    Extang tri-fold tonneau cover, havoc hs2 steps, A1 tow mirrors, TRD RSB, weathertech mats, 24' Puma BH travel trailer, Yeti 75, LineX
    I've also had great success in rain - my wife's Touareg with KO2's in the biggest snow storm Ohio gave us this last winter was the fastest/most stable thing on the road without chains or a plow attached to it. I read the same reviews and I don't buy the "bad in the rain" hype. I'm with @Hbjeff on this one.

JTL and BTBAKER like this.
  13. Jun 27, 2019 at 7:16 AM
    Skey44

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 GX 460
    “Bad in rain” may be a relative term that only certain users are going to experience or notice. My experience was on a 2015 F150 4x4 supercab, and I was accustomed to Michelin Defender line on my previous vehicle. My negative experience specifically refers to standing water on highways and uphill starts on asphalt with various adjustments to tire pressure (35-45 psi were tried in 5psi increments). After switch to Michelin Defender on Ford there was a notable difference in both these specific situations. Also having no such issues with Tundra and Wildpeak. In neither case do I have to adjust my psi from the manufacturer’s recommendation. I drive defensively and have an understanding of throttle control. I am glad so many do not have this issue, but I want to let others know some folks aren’t happy with the BFG, though I know so many others are. It was a pretty big deal for me to be so dissatisfied to sell the tires back at 9k miles of use. I have never reviewed the BFG online other than this forum, responses noting poor rain driving should be considered before purchase, especially if you frequent the conditions I describe (Appalachia and Piedmont). Maybe I’m just picky, but I could not tolerate these unsafe characteristics.

Products Discussed in

To Top