1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre Collision system

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by shtinthenads, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Mar 31, 2018 at 5:14 PM
    Philly Tundra

Philly Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tre
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited
    Debadged chrome Color matched side mirror door handles Swap chrome grill for color match platinum honeycomb
    Looks like all is working now....no clue what is going on, seems intermittent but all good now. My LDA has been consistently working again and today it warned me my front bumper was close to something.
    I never had any front warnings before...
    Today was the 1st day I've driven it with a temperature above 60...there may be temperature related issues who knows..
    I rented a Chevy truck last week that gave me a great frontal crash warning when I didn't slow down enough I hope the Tundra gets to that point someday.
    I sure wish they did over the air updates like Tesla.
    Anyway all good now.

2. Apr 9, 2018 at 6:39 AM
    slab

slab New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Gray Tundra LImited Crew Cab TRD Offroad
    Wouldn't it be nice if the software updates could happen over wifi or while connected to a cell phone, like ios or android updates? It would be nice for it to update all the software- TSS, nav maps, Entune, etc. while sitting in my garage with wifi coverage..... Do any vehicle brands offer that?

3. Apr 9, 2018 at 4:21 PM
    Bergmen

Bergmen New Member

Member:
    Ukiah, California
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue Pearl DC 4X2 SR5
    I turned mine off (hate the damned thing) but it doesn't stay off. When you shut down and remove the key it goes back to default "On". I've had the thing hit me with a warning to "Brake!" but I was in a position of managing the situation and I don't need a beeper and warning sign to distract me when I am on top of the issue.

Dan

4. Apr 9, 2018 at 5:14 PM
    Rider0120

Rider0120 New Member

Member:
    Bucks County, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2018 White double cab SR 4x4 long bed
    Ranch Hand full replacement bumper
    I second that!! I hope they're will be a way to bypass the PCS, maybe a plug that sends the correct voltage to trick the computer into thinking they're is nothing in front of the truck.

5. Apr 9, 2018 at 5:21 PM
    Bergmen

Bergmen New Member

Member:
    Ukiah, California
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue Pearl DC 4X2 SR5
    I have to go in for a software recall and I'm going to ask the dealer if they can permanently disable the PCS. I also want to have them turn off the seat belt beepers. We have a small farm and I'm often driving around here and I'm sick of the "beep, beep beep, fasten your seat belt" crap.

Some of this stuff is pretty handy. I really like the RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Alert) system, often I cannot see well enough when I back out of a parking place. The BSM (Blind Spot Monitor) is pretty good also.

Dan

Rider0120[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 9, 2018 at 5:33 PM
    SNO BUS

SNO BUS Professional Moneywaster

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    White '18 CM 4x4 Limited+
    LEER Canopy, Line-X, Bed mat, Wireless charging
    Not sure if you've been replied to on this... if you hold down the "ON/OFF" button on the cruise control switch for a few seconds, it will activate normal cruise control without the radar.

borntostun[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 9, 2018 at 7:25 PM
    ardnutoz

ardnutoz

Member:
    First Name:
    OZ
    SE-PA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black TRD OR CM Limited
    Don’t know if the tundra does it but our highlander did an entune update while paired to my phone maybe 4 months ago. It popped a message stating an update was available and if it was ok to install.

8. May 7, 2018 at 3:14 AM
    plumber802

plumber802 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Platinum CM
    Subscribing to this thread because my Tundra that was purchased at the end of April is having intermittent TSS issues as well.Even during ideal driving conditions.I was under the impression that new vehicles got the latest software updates as part of the "delivery" process. Going to call the Toyota service department this morning.

9. Jun 8, 2018 at 12:46 PM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    Any fix for pre-collision availabile? Mine started doing it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  10. Jun 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    smooosh

smooosh This place costs me too much $

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad Limited Crewmax.
    Ongoing project
    There is a software update

11. Jun 9, 2018 at 12:00 PM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    I have my appointment on Tuesday hopefully they know to update it. My light finally stopped coming on but all the settings for the PCS disappeared. They should be under meter settings with the on/off, but it literally disappeared. Now it doesn’t work either. Can the software uninstall itself?

12. Jun 10, 2018 at 3:59 AM
    smooosh

smooosh This place costs me too much $

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad Limited Crewmax.
    Ongoing project
    No. Sounds like bad ecu or a cable disconnected

13. Jun 11, 2018 at 2:08 PM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    Well Toyota told me there was water in the sensor and connectors that's how it burned out. If that sensor is not that weather proof then that is a bad place to put it. It still doesn't explain why all the setting disappeared for the PCS, BSM, LD and RCTS from the control screen.

14. Jun 24, 2018 at 7:31 AM
    J.M.

J.M. New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Northeast Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 BBP 1794 Tundra
    ARB Twin Air Compressor w/ XFAKTR Mount AMP Research Power Running Boards, Bed Step, Bed Step 2 30% Tint Front w/ 5% Tint on the back Fold-A-Cover Bed Cover w/Caddy, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner Husky Floor Mats Front/Rear Console Organizer TRD Anti-Sway Bar American Flag, 4ID, and Duck's Unlimited Decals
    I wanted to get the forums census about this is issue. I have a 2018 1794. I took it on my first long road trip (about 1000miles). I left early about 1am on this trip. About 2 hours in the dynamic cruise kicked off saying the radar was not working.I thought maybe a big bug hit the sensor area. I turned the cruise off with button then back on and all was fine.

About 700 mile in to the trip, clear sunny skies and I had cleaned all front sensor and window at every gas stop to make sure they were clean, I got a warning that caused radar to go off line and then I got an error message on the dash that I could not get to go away. It kept cycling through LDA Malfunction, Pre-Collsion System Malfunction, Auto Headlight System Malfunction. All with Visit your Dealer on the the screen. I was able to go old school with the cruise because the radar cruise would not work.

We crossed into Colorado and stopped to get a picture. I turned off the truck and checked the window camera and toyota symbol for bugs etc. Nothing but a few gnats on the grill and window was clean. When I got back in and started the truck all was good. Errors gone.

Question I have is do you think this is something I really to see a dealer about while on vacation (I will be in Denver for a week with the family doing day trips). I dont want to be without a vehicle or stuck at a dealer for hours but if safety is an issue I would do it. I wonder if this would fall into the trip interruption plan...maybe they would give me a loaner car to drive?

Also, since I am in the Denver area and if I need to take it in, I would love some recommendations on which dealerships and maybe even people to speak with or avoid.

Thanks in advance everyone!

15. Jun 24, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    Toyota is well aware of the issue and re-designed the pre-collision sensor and the TSS harness all together. The only way to fix it is to replace both the harness and the sensor. but you have to order that. Go to the dealer in Denver to diagnos. Then have them order the part and have it ready by the dealership by your house. Recalibration of the system takes between 6 to 8 hours.

J.M. likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top