1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre Collision System malfunction & Trailer Brake Error alarms

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by dmcm, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Apr 30, 2018 at 7:17 AM
    dmcm

dmcm [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi Everyone!

Brand New Tundra 2018, double cab 4 x 4 SV 357 v8 engine, standard tires and every thing else.
    I am getting the Pre collision system malfunction and the trailer brake error alarm when going in 4hi on a sandy road, the wheel might spin a little and I get the bip (sound alarm) and these two error message.
    Turn off the vehicle, turn it back on, malfunction messages went away, every thing ok except that the slip indicator remains on.
    Tried again and on the sandy area , it does it again , turn off engine, turn it back on , every thing is Ok except the slip indicator is on.
    After driving for almost 2 miles the slip indicator goes away.
    Went to the dealer and they told me to take the track option off before the sandy road, after a week went to the same spot , I did take the track off by pushing the slippery or VSC buttons ones... and tried again .....guess what, it did not do it in one way so I thought that the issue was found,but in the way back (same sets 4hi and track off) it did it again. So I received the recall letter for the Tundras 2018 , and the problem is about the VSC and other system malfunction messages. After the re flash of the CPU I went yesterday again to the same spot of sandy Road and in 4hi with the track off it did it again. So I turn off the truck turned back on, everything reset except the slip indicator dirve for a couple of miles until the slip indicator turn off, came back to the sandy spot and this time I did notturn anything off, I did the sandy path 6 times every thing ok, no alarm no issues. But if I turn the track option off I am sure it will do it again. What you guys recommend me to do ... I know Ihave to report this to the dealer but I believe they do not even know how these system works and they start telling all kind of thing just to win some time....I hope you guys understand better all this electronics and might tell me if there is a problem o they just switch the problem some where else or maybe they fixed here but not there, please help ....I just bought this expensive vehicle and having issues from day one.20180428_133035.jpg 20180428_133033.jpg

2. Dec 17, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    kralc8954

kralc8954 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 CrewMax SR5 4x4
    KMC XD128/Toyo AT Open Country/Westin Protraxx 4
    I had the exact issue today with my 2019 while on a sandy/dirt road. Did you ever come up with a solution?

Products Discussed in

To Top