1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prayers to the families

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Beast037, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Feb 15, 2018 at 3:23 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Absolutely right. Look around and see what kind of money gets pissed by local, state, and federal government. For example, here in Houston they’re getting ready to spend 103 million dollars renovating the Astrodome into some kind of bullshit or another. We’re less than six months from a massive flood that wiped out a good portion of the city. Thousands of people are still unable to return to their homes here. I know a lot of people who lost their homes in the flood. Not a single one of them has gotten it back yet. And we’re gonna fix a nearly sixty year old stadium up for tourists.

Don’t tell me we can’t afford to make our schools safer.

tomsinamerica likes this.
  2. Feb 15, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    Too bad that guy didn’t do the world a favor and suck start his rifle in his moms basement.

I wish we stopped creating soft targets with these gun free zones. It’s a complete failure as a policy.

But before you start having a panic attack over your kids safety, look at the numbers. The biggest threat to your high school age child is them driving. Not trying to diminish what happened, just pointing out the extreme odds of this happening to you.

F253FB05-E331-4705-9633-DAFCDE3C7C3A.jpg

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  3. Feb 15, 2018 at 3:46 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Today's culture. The perp had serious mental/stability issues that were totally ignored. Signs were out there.>>>>>Root cause needs to be addressed. I feel so sad for the victims and their families. Why can't we protect our most precious at school? There will always be evil. Evil can be defeated with common sense.

4. Feb 15, 2018 at 5:16 PM
    iHacker

iHacker SW TRD PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO Super White CM
    2019 TRD PRO LED Headlights, 2019 TRD PRO Rigid LED Fog lights, All LED Interior, LED Cargo Lights, Bed LED Lights, Undercover Flex, Husky Weather beater floormats, FORTIN EVO ONE remote start, TDR Cold Air Intake, Tundra tail gate inserts, Pop & Lock...
    guy had the back luck for having a similar name but the real killer name is Nikolas Jacob Cruz

My prayers for those lives taken for no reason, so sad that this happen again and seems that no body cares to fix the problem with guns in wrong hands.

My opinion is that every school must have a unique IN/OUT way a security guard and metal detectors to detect any artifacts getting into the facility, most federal buildings have this so why not in schools?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  5. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:13 PM
    Beast037

Beast037 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leeoohhh!!!
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM 4x4 5.7 black/black
    I've bee not thinking recently of how to help prevent this, and I believe I acsme up with a solution and guns do not have to be banded!!

REMOVE LETHAL AMMO

All we would have to do is put rubber bullets and bean bag shells into the market and remove all lethals. Now I know how a lot of people are going to respond about changing the ammo, but how many people need lethal bullets? For what? To kill silhouette targets or manaquins? Now a lot of people know how to make their own bullets, but I don't think any of the mass shootings have been done with home mades. Yes, if people want to do something they will find a way. Lethal bullets shouldn't be taken off the market completely, just highly regulated for hunters, law enforcement, security and for recreational.

What are your thoughts?

6. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:14 PM
    Beast037

Beast037 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leeoohhh!!!
    Vehicle:

Public executions would work also!

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  7. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:26 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I don’t see anything in there about hunting or target practice.

8. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:28 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
  9. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:37 PM
    Beast037

Beast037 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leeoohhh!!!
    Vehicle:

So we rather have the kids at risk? Or families at movie theaters? Everyone talking about their rights for guns, but no one standing up when $hit hits the fan. None of these mass shootings are being stopped by the public with guns. So why is it necessary for us to have lethals? Militia? Do you really think we could stop the government if they decided to over throw the public? Only reason y I would consider on not taking lethals off the street, is for the possibilities of foreign country invasions, but we aren't in the movies and no zombie apocalypse is coming. I trust in the USA but not the people living in it.

scurdyness likes this.
  10. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:45 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    Remember the NRA member with an AR15 who stopped the church shooting recently?

Also, regarding individuals fighting the government, see the Christopher Dorner incident in Southern California.

11. Mar 7, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    Also, did you happen to gloss over my post from a few weeks back with the diagram of deaths in America? It’s near the top of this page. The numbers are incredibly low and they continue to happen in soft targets aka gun free zones.

More kids have died texting while driving in the weeks following the shooting. I don’t see people clamoring for smart phone and vehicle control.

12. Mar 7, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    Beast037

Beast037 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leeoohhh!!!
    Vehicle:
    It's a difficult subject and what you say is right. This has been the subject on the radios since the shooting at the school here in S. FL. What should be done to help bring more safety to our children while they are in school and the parents not around to protect them? I'm considering on getting a gun for my truck, being I'm on the road a lot. I don't think my blade is worthy in a gun fight.

13. Mar 7, 2018 at 8:13 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I will keep my leathal ammo. If my concealed weapon comes out, I have all intentions of ending the threat for good. I don’t want to be sued or give anyone a second attempt at doing “whatever” to make me draw my weapon.

Bean bags/rubber bullets work great for prison inmates. However, people still die from this less evasive ammunition (in other words, no head and neck shots).

I really don’t think this is such a hard problem. I went to a Nuggets basketball game a couple weeks ago in Denver. There is no way in hell I was getting my G19 inside. I had to walk through metal detectors, and was swiped by the wand since I had metal on me, my personal belongings layed out. Armed security and police officers everywhere.
    The same thing happens when going to a concert, baseball, NFL, NHL, airport etc. I think I’ve made the point. In the event we didn’t have these security protocols in place at these large venues, we would see mass shootings at these places as well...but don’t. The chance of success is greatly reduced.

We protect what we want. The threat level is low in schools, but cost is high when a school shooting does happen. This is such an easy problem to fix. What do we do to roads that are notorious for speeding vehicles? We put in speed bumps.

Welcome to the school speed bumps:

https://www.zoro.com/garrett-metal-...CtSG9bqdKyQrEw1OJntBxY9VjnSW8SicaArcNEALw_wcB

There is no way school systems can’t afford 2500.00 each for a metal detector? I call bullshit.

14. Mar 7, 2018 at 8:35 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    Exactly. Until we get serious about making schools harder targets, this will continue to happen.

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] and Trooper2 like this.
  15. Mar 7, 2018 at 8:36 PM
    Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Toyotaholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM SR5 4x4
    Personally I would recommend getting your carry permit, taking a few defensive pistol classes, and carrying a handgun regularly.

Trooper2 likes this.
  16. Mar 7, 2018 at 8:41 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Exactly. People want to feel safe but refuse to do what it takes to acquire security, let alone maintain it.

Upgrayedd[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top