1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prayers for Ukraine

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mikesTundra77, Feb 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 26, 2022 at 1:55 AM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    Boosted 2013 Sequoia TRD FAUX
    Maggy, Dobinsons, TRD PRO conversion, 18+ lights & cluster too much more to list
    WTF???

Russia Space Agency Head Making Threats About International Space Station
    Dmitry Rogozin wants the world to know who he thinks is steering the orbital ship.

https://www.cnet.com/news/russia-space-agency-head-making-threats-about-international-space-station/

For decades, the International Space Station has been a symbol of global cooperation, even among rivals and former enemies. Now Russia's invasion of Ukraine threatens to ensnarl the ISS's status as a neutral ground in orbit.

On Thursday, Dmitry Rogozin, head of Russian space agency Roscosmos, unleashed a tweetstorm in response to the threat of US sanctions that could impact the space program. In the thread, Rogozin made the argument that Russia's space program has operated just fine with restrictions in place since the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014.

He went on to point out that Russian engines help steer the ISS out of the way of space junk in orbit. But then the rant took a bizarre turn as Rogozin floated the idea of dropping the ISS on our heads should the US and other participating nations kick Russia out of the program.

"If you block cooperation with us, who will save the ISS from an uncontrolled deorbit and fall into the United States or Europe? There is also the option of dropping a 500-ton structure to India and China. Do you want to threaten them with such a prospect? The ISS does not fly over Russia, so all the risks are yours."

Rogozin is known in space circles for this caustic and mocking tone. When sanctions against Russia were announced in 2014, he suggested NASA use a trampoline to send astronauts to orbit.

At the time the US was dependent on Russian Soyuz spacecraft to reach the International Space Station, a situation that changed with the introduction of the SpaceX Crew Dragon vehicle for crewed missions.

NASA sent a statement via email late Thursday in response to Rogozin's comments, saying the space agency "continues working with all our international partners, including the State Space Corporation Roscosmos, for the ongoing safe operations of the International Space Station.

"The new export control measures will continue to allow US-Russia civil space cooperation. No changes are planned to the agency's support for ongoing in-orbit and ground station operations. The new export control measures will continue to allow US-Russia civil space cooperation."

2. Feb 26, 2022 at 2:22 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    For me, the “why” is answered by looking back in history. Promises were made and broken. In some cases multiple times. It would be in our best interest and due diligence on who, what, when and don’t repeat it here. Probably start around the early 1920’s.

This would be a good time to open a world map since a good portion of Americans fail geography.

Most of us (my self included) were not alive as an adult during the 1962 Cuban Missile crisis. Research that (from an open perspective) and why it happened, who was involved, why our country freaked out (look at the damn map), and probably the closest we have been to nuclear war. This might give some understanding why maybe another country might react this way.

To understand this we should pretend that Greenland wanted to be part of Russia. They move in a bunch of troops, armament, and some vodka. All of the Canadian providence’s gave assurances that they would never join forces with Russia and didn’t want any vodka. Things are great for a while. Then, Ontario (look at the damn map) started talking with Russia and was requesting to be a part of their alliances and shipments of vodka. What do you think the other Canadian providence's and the US would do to Ontario?

Welcome to 2022.

3. Feb 26, 2022 at 2:59 AM
    GIN•OKUMA

GIN•OKUMA Can’t get to SSEM from there. RGBA1

Member:
    First Name:
    Fish
    26.57°
    Vehicle:
    Noun; a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
    In this pretend is Greenland = Russia? and is Canada = Europe and part of NATO? is Ontario suppose to be Ukraine or is Greenland Ukraine and Russia is still Russia as it’s at on the map. If that’s the case who is Ontario suppose to be? Sorry if I’m being confusing. I’m trying to understand this.

4. Feb 26, 2022 at 4:27 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    The world needs dishwashers.

PermaFrostTRD likes this.
  5. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:09 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    This. ^^ Russian missiles positioned in Cuba and aimed at USA had to be dealt with. In the end Russia blinked. Russia (Putin) would not tolerate Ukraine becoming a NATO member. However a unanimous decision is required from all member nations. Putin never got assurances that Ukraine would not become a member of NATO. Over the years NATO added more members which didn't help. Putin got pissed. Ukraine had to be dealt with in his mind. Sad situation although Ukraine is putting up a great fight. The civilian population has been hit hard but many of them are fighting back. Resisting. Good on them!

6. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:18 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Great display of heroism for sure. It’s amazing what can be done when people come together as one.

7. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:21 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Yep, and the whole world is watching this go down, including Xi. The Taiwanese will also fight fiercely if attacked

TaquitoBandito and dittothat like this.
  8. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:30 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Yep. We have exactly ZERO leaders like that.

9. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:31 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
  10. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:34 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Snake Island is Ukraine's Alamo. .

11. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:45 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    @ColoradoTJ pretty much nailed it, at least in simple terms. It's a complicated conflict that goes back at least 100 years, if not longer.

My grandmother fled Ukraine as a child during WW2 when the Russians invaded. It appears another generation will be required to do the same.

Slava Ukraini.

12. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:47 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    yeah. The people of Ukraine are so brave. There are so many acts of heroism, bravery, and steadfastness. It moves me.

13. Feb 26, 2022 at 5:57 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    Seeing that there are still some people in this world who are willing to fight for their freedom is amazing. The bravery and resolve is admirable. Inspiring.

Seeing the abandonment of these values is crushing. Without getting into politics I can say this: The frustration is real.

14. Feb 26, 2022 at 6:08 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    It goes way deeper for sure. History has become a hobby of mine and do a little more reading than the news feed on FB or the gram (which I have neither due to how toxic they truly are). I’m betting your grandmother has some very touching stories from not long ago.

I enjoy hearing about peoples amazing success stories and where they come from. This past Wednesday I was working with a man from Kenya for 10 hours. Wow. I was totally focused on his life story. Hell, even gave me a fresh roasted bag of Kenyan coffee when he found out I forgot my bag of beans at home.

15. Feb 26, 2022 at 6:16 AM
    Rockanock

Rockanock 21 Chevy 2500

Member:
    Wow, I am not speechless often. Can you provide a link to their shop. I’d like to support them.

16. Feb 26, 2022 at 6:20 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    History is a hobby of mine as well, particularly military history. I'm just starting to read On War by Carl von Clausewitz. I may pivot to studying more eastern European conflicts. A person will never understand the machinations of war, politics, geopolitics and cultures by reading social media and the news. It takes actual study and discussion with people who have been there to begin to have a grasp on it. Even then, fully understanding human conflict will be difficult. Too many variables.

My grandmother does have some fascinating stories of the "old country". Some of her family still lives in Ukraine and Germany iirc. One of the most interesting bits is the perspective. I'm adopted, she is my adoptive grandmother. I know my birthmom and her side of the family so have gone down the rabbit hole of my own genetic ancestors. During WW2, my birth family was fighting with the Allies pushing across France and western Europe killing Nazis. My adoptive family was fleeing from the Russians in the East and looked at the German soldiers as their protectors.

As for a touching moment, a couple years ago my mom and dad travelled across Canada. They stopped in Nova Scotia and were able to visit the very port where my grandmother had first set foot on Canadian soil. Dad has a picture of her standing in a doorway of the customs building, aged 8 or so. That building is still there, preserved as a historical center, and dad was able to stand in the exact doorway and place his hand in the exact spot as my grandmother did all those years ago.

17. Feb 26, 2022 at 6:54 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Some are not understanding this. One down, and more to go

18. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:09 AM
    poop_bubbles

poop_bubbles New Member

Member:
    Thoughts and prayers... what a f'n joke. No lazier way to make yourself feel good about a bad situation.

Maybe get off your asses and send money to a charity or do something that is actually useful.

Change doesn't come from you babbling to an invisible man.

19. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:13 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    I agree with/support this part of your post.

20. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:14 AM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Squattingpigeon.com Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    GR Corolla
    Props to the Ukrainians for standing up for themselves. They interviewed a guy on the news this morning who lives in Dallas but was born in Ukraine. He was so upset that he’s not there right now to fight for his people.

21. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:21 AM
    JLS in WA

JLS in WA New Member

Member:
    Somewhere in the basalt rocks with my dogs
    Vehicle:
    2008 White DC Limited 4x4
    Drahthaar Transport Unit
    Maybe a much less assholish way of encouraging folks would be “hey, you can send donations to ________ charity to support humanitarian efforts in Ukraine”. There is no need to insult anyone for their religious beliefs, or lack thereof.

22. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:25 AM
    parkerbows

parkerbows New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle:
    2017 crew max sr5 trd off road
    Firestone air ride air bags
  23. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:32 AM
    NWPirate

NWPirate Tesla kool-aid connoisseur

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 TRD CM 2004 TRD Snow Goat
    Even if people agree with you on this, and many might.. your extreme lack of tact is amazing.
    Thoughts and prayers to you @poop_bubbles

24. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:39 AM
    mikesTundra77

mikesTundra77 [OP] BRAAAAP BRAAAP

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    4 " ready lift kit General grabbers 35" Rock warrior wheels 17" Leather Clazzio seat covers KN intake StartX remote starter HRS sequential tails Custom grille+badge ME-SO map lights+dome light Lots of CHROOOOME
    Sorry to the moderators if I started an argument here.. I only wanted to generate some love and support for those poor people. Everyone please keep comments respectful and try to focus on positive support rather than negative feedback towards one another or any particular groups. We all know very well who the bad guy is in the world right now so let's keep it focused on supporting Ukrainians ❤️

Booney, Barrett50, csuviper and 12 others like this.
  25. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:40 AM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    What will the aftermath be after the dust settles? This will absolutely reshape and affect every country. Including this one.

TaquitoBandito and 2mchfun like this.
  26. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:41 AM
    17TundraDCEd

17TundraDCEd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    SE Pa
    Vehicle:
    2018 White SR5 Crewmax
    Rear Sway Bar
    I don’t think any of else feel good or will feel good about this regardless of what we say and/or do. This is a forum where like minded and sometimes not like minded people discuss things - tundra related and not tundra related.

Not everyone - myself included - publicly talks about the charitable things we do or are involved with. Don’t make blanket generalizations about people’s intentions and/or actions.

I’m off the soap box. Be well.

27. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:45 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    My grandmother who was born 1925 in ND was first generation here born on American soil. When I talk to her, I never forget the stories she had from her parents journey to America.

I shared this when the TP shortage happened. My grandmother always kept several large TP boxes in her house. Always cracked jokes about it and asked why she had so much (besides living in the middle of nowhere). She told me about the depression and “going without”. She bet me I couldn’t go for a week without TP. If I did, she would give me 100.00. Now that was a lot of money for a young boy. Yeah, I didn’t make it. I didn’t have the skills/knowledge to make it that long using nothing but what was outside. Should have used socks. :rofl:

Booney, Bakershack, Sumo91 and 7 others like this.
  28. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:49 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    No corn husks?

29. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    Booney

Booney New Member

Member:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    Vehicle:
    Smoked Mesquite 2021 1794 Off Road TRD
    The driver of the car was rescued form the car. It's a miracle he survived. That's not warfare. That's murder.

30. Feb 26, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Like I said….didn’t have those skills. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top