1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power Folding Mirrors- Boost Auto Parts

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by Toshito, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jul 31, 2020 at 1:02 PM
    Toshito

Toshito [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red Tundra Limited
    Has Anyone in this Forum installed the Boost Auto Parts power folding Mirrors on their truck that didn't come with it?
    If so I know you had to add the switch to fold but anyone used the original switch from toyota? I'm wanting to add this mod but I want to use the original switch. If anyone has done this please share how it was wired to use the original switch. Thanks for the help.

2. Jul 31, 2020 at 1:08 PM
    RobertD

RobertD "I call it Vera" ~Jayne Cobb

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blue SR5 4x4 Crewmax
    They are next on my list of mods! I'm a little confused by your question. Are you saying your tundra doesn't currently have powerfold as an option, you plan to add the powerfold harness from Boost, but you want to wire it into the Toyota OEM mirror switch that has the powerfold button on it? Ie no losing a blank to use the switch provided by Boost?
    I've been curious about this and was going to ask Boost. They obviously have an option for if you have powerfold as an option so I doubt it would be difficult to wire their harness to the Toyota switch.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this to see what you find out.

3. Jul 31, 2020 at 1:46 PM
    Toshito

Toshito [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red Tundra Limited
    I do not have power fold mirrors or the switch. I would have to buy the switch online. The other issue I have is that I don't have a blank. I would have to cut somewhere to add the switch they send and that is what I don't want to do. The new switch comes with wires see link: Power Auto Rear Mirror Folding Switch with Wire Harness 84872-52040 for Toyota Vios Rav4 Camry Scion Lexus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q572QBK/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_UkijFbG0NS9AR

4. Jul 31, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    RobertD

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Ah, I'm planning to use the blank to the left of my tow/haul button but it would be nice to just update the existing mirror button. Maybe ask Boost? I've reach out before and they were pretty quick to respond. I bet they will tell that that after you purchase mirrors they will send a wire diagram to tie into the new button. I think you will still have to buy their harness but someone here might have a way around that.

5. Jul 31, 2020 at 1:56 PM
    jamestada

jamestada New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4 Magnetic Grey
    Fox 2.0 Front/Rear 18" Fuel Beast wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler G2

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KU4KXDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just finished the install following the wiring from: https://www.tundratalk.net/threads/2014-sr5-platinum-power-fold-mirror-install.439441/

6. Jul 31, 2020 at 6:29 PM
    Toshito

Toshito [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red Tundra Limited
    I've seen this but this is installing the OEM mirrors that fold. Which mirrors did you installed? I'm wanting to install the boost auto parts Mirrors. Thanks for the help.

7. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:24 AM
    jamestada

jamestada New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4 Magnetic Grey
    Fox 2.0 Front/Rear 18" Fuel Beast wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler G2
    The boost part is designed to be plug and play feature to feature on your truck. So if you have the feature already it will work without modification. For features you don't have you have to write up to the harness like the post I shared shows.

Depending on if the mirrors you want also have reverse lights, there would be an extra harness that needs to be connected to a harness on the passenger side kick panel. This feature doesn't exist with OEM i don't think.

RobertD likes this.
  8. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:28 AM
    RobertD

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    @jamestada thanks for the info! Based on everything thing I've read and from the videos, no Tundra's have the reverse light so you will have to wire that up if you want it.
    I did really like how detailed the Boost videos were. Makes the task of installing these mirrors less daunting

9. Aug 1, 2020 at 8:35 AM
    Toshito

Toshito [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red Tundra Limited
    Yes that is correct. The spot light to wire is the least of my worries, that is easy to wire. I'm just asking if anyone has installed the boost mirrors with the oem switch and originally you didn't have folding mirrors but using the wire harness they send you with the aftermarket switch that is like the OEM switch.

Products Discussed in

To Top