1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Potential Noobie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dallas99, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Apr 24, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    dallas99

dallas99 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello all. I am new to this forum. I am sure it is as good as other forums I am a member of where everyone gives good advice. I need some advice on the below pictured truck!!
    I am looking at buying a 2003 Tundra stepside X-cab 4x4 for my son. It has 62K miles after four owners. The first owner had it repoed at 2200k miles so probably can't really count that one. The second owner put 40K miles on in 2 1/2 years. The third owner put 10k miles on in six months. The last owner had it from 2007 to present starting with 53K miles, so put on 9K miles in 7 years. I believe the last owner was very elderly which may account for the low miles. I could not find anything wrong with the under carriage, ball joints, etc... The engine sounded good but I am not a mechanic. No lifters knocking etc.. It was apparrent the vehicle sat due to there being leaves under the hood as well as cracked pecans. Probably a squirrel. I didn't see any chewed wires and there was no check engine light. There was a new gas cap on the truck as well as crusty dirt around where the gas cap is located.
    My question is what is yawls opion of a Tundra that was not driven very much over 7-8 years???? The dealer is asking what NADA is saying is the price to ask. $14k.
    My other hold up is if my 6'3" son can fit comfortably in the truck. Anyone that tall responding to this?
    Thanks to all. I really am open to everyones opinions! I am going to look at it for the second time today.
    IMG_0664.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top