1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Polishing the lip on Rock Warrior wheels . . .

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Aron9000, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Jul 20, 2018 at 8:38 PM
    Aron9000

Aron9000 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Need some advice on how to get these scratches out. Just purchased these wheels for a song, great deal, I love that they're 17" diameter, tires are cheaper and personally I love that huge sidewall/smaller wheel look. Makes it look more like a monster truck.

Anyways, need some advice on how to fix these scratches on the polished outer band part. All 4 wheels have scratches like this. Is this a clear coated alumnium finish? Or is it bare alumnium, where I can polish on it?(I know what to do there). Am I going to have to sand off the clear coat to get the scratches out?

I figured worse case scenario I have a couple extra cans of black plasti dip and can always go that route. I know the band comes off as well, easier to polish it with it on or off the wheel??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm sure a professional wheel refinishing company would be able to get that outer hoop looking like new again for a price. I'd like to give this a whack myself before I go that route, the whole reason I bought used wheels was to save $$$$.

2. Jul 20, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    Sas

Sas Humor is everywhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    OKC, OK
    Vehicle:
    '17 SR5 CM TSS 4WD MGM 5.7 FF
    Lost track after #1.
    These videos do a pretty good job on explaining how to do wheel repair. I actually used one of them to repair the curb rash and gouges on the painted wheels for the car I just sold. They turned out great. One is for aluminum rims. I'd take off that ring first tho.

Products Discussed in

To Top