1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please help...Low Beam glare

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bongskie, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Oct 12, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    Bongskie

Bongskie [OP] Mucho LOCO

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Crew
    6" Pro Comp Kit, Mayhem 20" rim, Toyo M/Ts
    Hey guys, Im trying to search a thread here about a lifted truck (6"-8") regarding the low beam. I bought the replacement bulbs from Headlight Revolution GTR lighting. Dont get me wrong, it is awesome. But since I have a lifted truck, I kinda feel guilty of the incoming traffic. Its blinding and also any sedan in front of me, drivers upset sometimes they twist their mirror up. My headlight adjuster dial is at the lowest setting. I contacted Headlight revolution, they recommended to go retrofit with a solid HID kit. Is anyone of you guys have the same predicament? Any advice, option, adjustments etc, I will take it.

Thank you.

2. Oct 12, 2018 at 11:08 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    +1, take a long Philips and find the slot to bring them down further. My left one is a bit lower than I like but it’s on purpose for oncoming. Shine them at a wall as you manually adjust. The motor is probably just working off the happy medium with limited range.

Bongskie[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 12, 2018 at 11:16 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
  4. Oct 12, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    Bongskie

Bongskie [OP] Mucho LOCO

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Crew
    Thank you guys. This is really a big help. I’m gonna do it tonight.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Oct 12, 2018 at 2:24 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    That’s what I did. I tried four full turns I can’t remember which direction and it was too much, so I went with two full turns and it seems to be about where it was before I lifted the truck. I now have a happy medium and have my setting on the Dial at two like I did before. Now if there is an asshole in front of me all I have to do is put it to zero and it goes right in his side view mirrors LOL JKJK

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  6. Oct 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Take the bulbs out and go back to halogen. Even if you lower them it's going to have a lot of glare. Maybe look into 2018 LEDs, spyders, or doing a proper retrofit. LED or hid bulbs in a light meant for halogen bulbs will always glare and be dangerous to oncoming traffic. You'll end up pointing them so far down that they won't light up the road in front of you. Just do it the right way man, you'll end up very happy as will the local traffic.

Bongskie[OP] and Azblue like this.
  7. Oct 12, 2018 at 5:19 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I applaud your concern for others.
    You're lights are big reflecting bowls, a technology the Romans used for light houses a couple THOUSAND years ago. Pointing 'em down is, IMO, kind of a band-aid fix. I'm a big fan of projectors. You get a very focused output that's better than reflector and has an upper cot-off that's really nice for the safety of others. And projector technology is only a couple hundred years old, as far as I know.

Bongskie[OP], 15whtrd and Pudge like this.
  8. Oct 12, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    Bongskie

Bongskie [OP] Mucho LOCO

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Crew
    Thanks for the input. I agree with the “band aid fix”. Retrofit projectors is the next step with the nice sharp cut on it. Although I did manage to adjust the beam low but not so satisfied. The beam pattern looks scattered now. LOL.

Pudge and 831Tun like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top