1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Phone Mounting

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by lionscourt, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Sep 30, 2018 at 1:30 PM
    lionscourt

lionscourt [OP] 2006 DC SR5 4X4

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Tundra 4x4
    NO RUST, step bars, weathertech window and hood protectors, weathertech floor mats
    So these two phones got together in my car... one was mine the other was a pink one, my girlfriends. We went inside the grocery store for ten minutes but when we came out, both of their protective covers were on the floor and they were 'sharing'...;)

Anyhow my real question is about a phone mount for my 06 DC. I know that this subject has been touched on many times but what I've noticed is that most of the mounts were done in 2nd or 3rd gens as I search. Can anyone address these few concerns, especially people who are 1rst gens. 1. The dash seems a little far away from my seat for a dash mount. 2. How well do the dash mounts attach to the dash as there is a slight curve to the 1rst gen dash? 3. I'm considering buying a car charger mount which extends up from the car charger--which to me seems like the ideal placement but perhaps not that stable when using while driving. ??? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  2. Sep 30, 2018 at 2:02 PM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    I rarely run down my battery, but when needed have a 110 adaptor for the phone charger. My phone sits on a rubber pad on the transmission hump or inside the drink cup holder well depending on my mood.

I’m an anti phone user and never answer unless to return messages for hand modeling work. Gotta know em’ to call back though. Or, at least be referred by a reputable client.

3. Sep 30, 2018 at 2:06 PM
    Festerw

Festerw New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    Look at Panavise or Proclip, they aren't cheap but they'll mount your phone solidly.

If you want cheap but functional a magnetic vent clip works, but my aftermarket stereo has built in BT for calls.

4. Sep 30, 2018 at 3:33 PM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
  5. Oct 1, 2018 at 8:53 AM
    lionscourt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Tundra 4x4
    NO RUST, step bars, weathertech window and hood protectors, weathertech floor mats
    Yeah... i'm eventually going with the BT stereo but don't want to spend that much money right now. In fact the whole stereo system needs a big update. For now, just a holder.

6. Oct 1, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    RAM mounts ?

7. Oct 1, 2018 at 8:26 PM
    lionscourt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 Tundra 4x4
    Ok... So picked up this mount and really like it. It's probably the best of different variables such as placement, convenient removal and placement (with magnet inside my case), and out of the way of system components. The fit into the lighter outlet is tight with the lighter outlet itself being slightly shaky but it's a truck and you don't notice it when driving on paved roads. So far my phone has been held in a stable/manageable position. I use Pandora often and I enjoy seeing who is playing. And I have my own business so it's absolutely crucial for me to answer calls no matter where I am. Though my stereo unit does not have bluetooth I can answer my phone and talk through the stereo unit so don't have to pick up phone. In addition, I'm often going to new addresses and using gps so it's just convenient x 10. There's also TWO power ports for usb cords, one for driver and one for passenger I assume. I paid double the price at the local Toyota dealership but found out when I got home Best Buy had them for $20. So far I really like this mounting unit...:thumbsup:

phonemount.jpg
    MagicMount.jpg

8. Oct 1, 2018 at 9:59 PM
    Tay2610

Tay2610 New Member

Member:
    Scosche is the best in my opinion. I’ve put one in all four vehicles I’ve owned. Two trucks, cargo van and a Honda Accord. The only thing I will say is in my cargo van I’m often driving on less than smooth surface. You need to use the large plate that comes with kit. Occasionally my phone will still fall off with a hard enough hit. I’m thinking of using two large plates or a custom plate with my phone in the future.

Products Discussed in

To Top