1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance exhaust and towing?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by OBXTundra, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Jan 4, 2018 at 4:45 AM
    17TundraDCEd

17TundraDCEd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    SE Pa
    Vehicle:
    2018 White SR5 Crewmax
    Rear Sway Bar
    When I was shopping for my Tundra over a year ago, I drove some with and without TRD exhaust. I noticed that the trucks with stock exhausts seemed crisper at lower rpms than the ones with TRD exhaust, and it wasn’t until I joined these forums that I learned about the shift in torque curve. My truck didn’t have that soggy bottom end feel with either the 8 or 12. It felt like stock off idle, and felt like it pulled better through the mid range.

Like you, I am 45 years old and also in the financial industry. The only time the 12 is noticeable is when you’re “nailing” it, but most of the sound stays outside and even then it sounds like it could have been a factory issued exhaust with a little extra. Driving normal, it’s very tame.

dirtydeeds likes this.
  2. Jan 5, 2018 at 3:20 AM
    Berettafan

Berettafan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
    Great post thanks so much for the insight! I guess I’ll put this back on my list of ‘one day’.

3. Jan 5, 2018 at 10:05 AM
    Diverguy

Diverguy Breathes under water

Member:
    First Name:
    Leon
    PA, USA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited TRD Offroad-Inferno
    Windows tinted, window visors. Bedrug, led bedlights, Nfab nerf step bars, Lund toneau cover, Evo One remote start, BAMufflers 8"
    After talking to Keith yesterday, I will be ordering my 8" setup on Monday. He was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and just a super nice guy! I was going to hold off a bit, but a rush job came in on me, and because of the extreme rush, the customer doubled my normal rate...cha-ching! I can't wait to hear the roar!

dirtydeeds, Taco-Blender and Pudge like this.
  4. Jan 5, 2018 at 10:36 AM
    Casper3

Casper3 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    CT/OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White 5.7 SR5 TRD off road
    You'll love it!:burnrubber:

dirtydeeds likes this.
  5. Jan 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM
    Air2Ground

Air2Ground This summa bitch is gonna scream!

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Herndon, Va
    Vehicle:
    Building this brick by brick.
    K&N CAI Series 77 Banks Monster Exhaust Stage 2 Icon suspension SPC UCA's Coachbuilder Shackles +2's and poly bushings Coach Builder Front Bump Stops Steel Braided Break Lines by ToyTec Icon 6 speed 17" Wheel 315/70/17 BFG Goodrich KO 2's Tekonsha Trailer Brake AirRaid Throttle Spacer Slotted/Drilled Rotors by StopTech w/ stock pads Pioneer AVIC 8100 Receiver/Focal Component Speakers (4) JL Stealthbox JL Audio HD series amps 500/4 and 750/1. Complete Dynamat of cab Python Alarm/Remote start Linex sprayed front billet grille with "T" logo Linex sprayed bed Retrax Bed Cover 6" powder coated step bar High End 3M 5% tint PIAA Fog Lamps DIY Superman trailer hitch "S" WeatherTech Mats TRD Shift Knob Upcoming Mods: debagging Future mods: Front/Rear bumper winch supercharger and rebuild (blueprint) engine new lights in and out headlight/taillight combo Skid plates Cat Back Exhaust and Long Tube Headers.....? (Still deciding most optimal way) I NEED A SOLID TUNE!!!! Etc....
    I think I am being persuaded to move over to this exhaust system. Seems like everyone is doing it! lol.. I have a Banks Monster exhaust and while I love it, especially the sound, it does get taxing especially when towing my horses. Anyhow, I am considering something quieter and more hP and torque. I want the race exhaust to get the most out of exhaust. What is your suggestion? Do you take trades? lol.....

dirtydeeds and Samoan Thor like this.
  6. Jan 5, 2018 at 10:53 AM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    I know the full race exhaust is the best step over a tuner for REAL power and torque gains and much cheaper than a Supercharger with a good amount of hp and torque gain, I’m saving up for his full race system but it is LOUD!, but Keith says he can make it quiet while maintaining the gains so it’s the best system out there.

dirtydeeds likes this.
  7. Jan 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM
    Air2Ground

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Herndon, Va
    Vehicle:
    K&N CAI Series 77 Banks Monster Exhaust Stage 2 Icon suspension SPC UCA's Coachbuilder Shackles +2's and poly bushings Coach Builder Front Bump Stops Steel Braided Break Lines by ToyTec Icon 6 speed 17" Wheel 315/70/17 BFG Goodrich KO 2's Tekonsha Trailer Brake AirRaid Throttle Spacer Slotted/Drilled Rotors by StopTech w/ stock pads Pioneer AVIC 8100 Receiver/Focal Component Speakers (4) JL Stealthbox JL Audio HD series amps 500/4 and 750/1. Complete Dynamat of cab Python Alarm/Remote start Linex sprayed front billet grille with "T" logo Linex sprayed bed Retrax Bed Cover 6" powder coated step bar High End 3M 5% tint PIAA Fog Lamps DIY Superman trailer hitch "S" WeatherTech Mats TRD Shift Knob Upcoming Mods: debagging Future mods: Front/Rear bumper winch supercharger and rebuild (blueprint) engine new lights in and out headlight/taillight combo Skid plates Cat Back Exhaust and Long Tube Headers.....? (Still deciding most optimal way) I NEED A SOLID TUNE!!!! Etc....
    Then that is exactly what I want. Wonder what cost is.....?

8. Jan 5, 2018 at 11:29 AM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    I believe it’s a $1000+ depending on what you want, Keith can give a more accurate price.

dirtydeeds likes this.
  9. Jan 6, 2018 at 8:24 AM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    The race exhaust is $ but worth it if hp is the goal:)

It’s as cheap as $1500-$4000 depending how we configure the system.

There’s 4 parts.
    Headers
    Mid pipes
    Catback
    Tailpipes

We have literally unlimited options with all four parts.

Call for details.760-877-4234

Air2Ground likes this.
  10. Jan 6, 2018 at 8:30 PM
    Air2Ground

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Herndon, Va
    Vehicle:
    I'll be in touch with you down the road. Much appreciated

dirtydeeds[QUOTED] and epa4wd like this.
  11. Jan 6, 2018 at 9:58 PM
    boloson

boloson New Member

Member:
    I saw that group buy on FB. Would it apply to the race exhaust?

dirtydeeds likes this.
  12. Jan 7, 2018 at 7:42 AM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    Unfortunately no. We ship most race system on a pallet via LTL truck freight.

Products Discussed in

To Top