1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

People suck

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by ersg6, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Oct 2, 2021 at 9:52 PM
    RoniusMaximus

RoniusMaximus The One and Only

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
    Synthetic Blinker Fluid
    Sorry man. Life aint fair and it sucks. Will be sharing what happened with mine soon too.

ersg6[OP] likes this.
  2. Oct 2, 2021 at 10:32 PM
    ersg6

ersg6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    2021 Nighshade Crewmax Tundra
    Didn't even think of that but it makes sense, bunch of kids in the neighborhood ride bikes. It is deep as fuck too.

3. Oct 2, 2021 at 10:41 PM
    mgnchakar

mgnchakar New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tundra TRD 4x4
    Happened to me a week after getting my new tundra. Didn’t notice until the next day or two. Someone backed into it, damaged my bumper. Sad how low people are.

ersg6[OP] likes this.
  4. Oct 3, 2021 at 2:15 AM
    ChattanoogaPhil

ChattanoogaPhil New Member

Member:
    Couple years ago the wife took my truck to the hairdresser. While the truck was parked it was backed into and pushed in the rear bumper a bit. Not too noticeable. Anyway... driver of the vehicle went into the hairdresser and asked who owned the truck. Their insurance wrote me a check for close to a $1k to replace the bumper. Never replaced the bumper.

Lots of good honest people. I also believe in karma.

ersg6[OP] likes this.
  5. Oct 3, 2021 at 2:26 AM
    ersg6

ersg6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    Saw your name, from Chattanooga TN too?

6. Oct 3, 2021 at 2:31 AM
    ChattanoogaPhil

ChattanoogaPhil New Member

Member:
    Not from here... born and raised in California. Lived here for over a quarter century. I traveled quite a bit during my career. I chose this area to live.

7. Oct 3, 2021 at 2:37 AM
    ersg6

ersg6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    Right on! I like it, good balance of outdoor activities

8. Oct 3, 2021 at 4:48 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Sucks - sadly used to see it daily in my job, and still run into the occasional victim of this stupidity.

Never fails - you either just buy it or pay it off and some dipshit does this.

Worst ones are the people who try to take off - but got picked up by a dash cam or Ring nearby when you confront them - play it like - “Oh - I didn’t realize” - Really sir, so your telling me you hit a parked car - backed up, got out of your POS - observed your front bumper hanging down and thought you hit AIR? The face there was another car parked nearby with a huge fresh dent didn’t add up to you that you might have hit it?!?

Or the inevitable “I didn’t want to pay more for insurance” - just want to grab them and shake them screaming “you know why insurance is so damn expensive- assholes like you who hit and then leave without leaving a damn note !!”

It’s fixable and no one was hurt - but still sucks paying for others stupidity and selfishness.

At least it wasn’t like the worst one I ever had to deal with - and this one was a personal experience. Moron parked in a “no parking” are in a narrow spot in front of the building - It was night - I backed and didn’t see her parked awkwardly on my right side and clipped her car. Went in - told security who called her down to come and exchange info (it was my fault - but she would have gotten a warning from security for parking there I am sure).

Anyway - we wait like 20 minutes and no one comes…thought maybe she felt she was supposed to meet at cars - so we walk out. Her car is gone ?? Have someone check her desk and she’s clocked out and gone…think that’s odd but just give the guard my insurance card and go home. 3 days later get a call to come to security office - go down and police want to question me on a reported “hit-run” - look at him and ask WTF - I told security…they acknowledge yes, but just want to verify no one in the other car - no, not at all….turns out she tried to say not only did I hit/run - but claimed she was in car and injured. Of course that was easily disproved by video from the scene and security report / co workers who saw her at her desk and leaving after getting call - video of her getting into car and driving off 10 minutes after the call.

Turns out she was worried cops would come and start poking around her car and would then bring in K9- and then was stupid enough to try something REALLY dumb and made up an injury claim. Worst part - we worked at AN INSURANCE COMPANY! Needless to say she was fired shortly thereafter. Amazing how stupid some people can be. I saw some truly dumb “injury” cases over the years - but never one this stupid.

9. Oct 3, 2021 at 5:10 AM
    Oey12

Oey12 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 TRD OFFROAD
    Coach Builder 1 inch lift strut spacers Coach Builder 1 inch shackles TRD Sway Bar Diode Dynamics SS
    That sucks OP I sympathize with your anger and frustration. I recently replaced my commuter car with a CPO 2018 RAV4 with super low miles and in great shape. And I got a GREAT deal on it. Within the first 45 days I was the victim of two hit and runs. And the drivers side of it was heavily keyed. :facepalm:

I hate people and the general lack of respect of another’s property. And I especially detest that attitude that the “oh it doesn’t look that good or it’s crap so it’s no big deal”. Someone worked very hard to obtain that property. And that is something I highly respect.

15whtrd likes this.
  10. Oct 3, 2021 at 5:34 AM
    PJR202

PJR202 New Member

Member:
    I've trained my kids from day 1 to be extra cautious with their door. Told them I didn't care if the vehicle beside them was the nicest or the worst looking, they would treat it no differently.

11. Oct 3, 2021 at 5:57 AM
    DUKFVR

DUKFVR New Member

Member:
    Houston & Young County TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra DC SR5, Stage 1 Icon kit, LT75/60/20 Toyo AT III, Ranch Hand Midnight Bumper Replacement
    This! And more every day!

ersg6[OP] likes this.
  12. Oct 3, 2021 at 1:22 PM
    ersg6

ersg6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    That story is wild lol. I bet shit like that happens often too

GODZILLA likes this.
  13. Oct 3, 2021 at 1:24 PM
    ersg6

ersg6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Vehicle:
    Seems like two is a lucky number. This is the second time this truck has been hit by some random person. Scuffed a door handle the first time, that one is barely noticable thankfully.

That's a huge pet peeve of mine too, somebody worked hard for what they got, and we all need to just respect eachother and each others property, regardless of what we think of it.

GODZILLA, 1UP and Oey12[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top