1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Panoramic rearview mirror

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by freerider8, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Mar 13, 2016 at 6:59 PM
    freerider8

freerider8 [OP] Trucks Rule

Member:
    Fairview PA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra, Lift Kit aftermarket wheels and tires. One Badass Toy!!
    Fuel Wheels. Lift Kit. Duel Exhaust.
    So I have been looking for a new rearview mirror that will give me more visual coverage in my new truck. I made one purchase but it would not mount onto the existing mirror. Returned it and bought a 5 panel mirror that requires it to be mounted to the roof of the interior, not really wanting to put holes into the headliner but cannot find anything that will work without going this direction. I did try and install it today but the self tapping screws suck and now I have a couple of small holes in the headliner near the visor. Not really pleased with that since the interior of this truck is perfect. I am going to find a piece of fabric to place over the holes just so I dont see them. Has anyone ever installed anything safely in this manner without puncturing the roof? I am looking for anything that can help give me the added vision I want without damaging my truck. I have found some other mirror brackets that can be added to the 5 panel mirror and attach to the windshield like the factory mirror but question if they can hold the weight of this mirror. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Mar 15, 2016 at 5:26 AM
    Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra SR5 4.7 v8 4x4
    If you can try and search auto parts stores in Japan. The problem being its all in Japanese. So you have to use a translator. Aside from that many of their mirrors range in size from standard all the way to 14 to 16 inches and are spring mounted to your existing one. Good luck.

freerider8[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 15, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    freerider8

Member:
    Fairview PA
    Vehicle:
    Well I finally got the mirror installed in the truck. I figured that since I had a few small holes into the headliner I may as well give it a complete go and try and get it installed. I am going to try and find some cloth to stick to the other ones that aren't covered at all. There aren't many but just knowing they are there bugs me. I was unable to find any mirror mounts that sound like they would work or got some decent reviews. I did find some mounts on Amazon but the reviews were not so good as a whole so I figured why spend money on something that may not work. 20160315_181833.jpg

FernsFinal likes this.
  4. Mar 16, 2016 at 5:08 AM
    Scarecrow

Scarecrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle:
    06 Tundra SR5 4.7 v8 4x4
    thats a big mirror.Looks good

freerider8[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 16, 2016 at 7:50 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    How do you like driving with a mirror like that?

6. Mar 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM
    freerider8

Member:
    Fairview PA
    Vehicle:
    I will try and take more pics later with some other angles. I must say I do like it so far, it does give more view of behind the truck. I suppose it will take more time to get used to it but like how I can see more than with the stock mirror.

7. Mar 25, 2016 at 10:09 PM
    bigoltater

bigoltater New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra DblCab4x4
    Leveling Kit,33'BFG
    Those are old school, I had those back in the yearly 90's on a few of my cars, I remember I could see anything behind me.

Products Discussed in

To Top