1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0983

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by jarboogie, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Jul 9, 2024 at 3:00 PM
    jarboogie

jarboogie [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    I posted this on a Tundra FB page but didn't get any real help on top on this I had a flashing 4lo without being in 4x4 and flashing VSC off light with traction control light on and CEL for Shift Solenoid but the truck shifts fine and it was rebuilt maybe 25k ago from a very reputable shop. For the last year or so after shifting out of 4wd one of the lights would remain on but would be off after I started the truck again. This last time I cleared the codes shut off the truck turned it back on shifted into 4lo and it engaged and shifted out of 4wd and this went away for about a month. I have no problem replacing the part it's a little bit of a pain but not to bad but I have zero shifting issues outside of 4wd not engaging when the lights are flashing I don't want to throw parts at it for a phantom code. Any help would be great Thank you.

2. Jul 10, 2024 at 7:35 AM
    blackdemon_tt

blackdemon_tt Battery Slayer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 5.7l Tundra DC SR5 long bed 2wd
    TRD Sway Bar, Roll covers USA bed cover
    Most effective thing you can do is check for wiring damage outside of the transmission. Check the ground strap on the transmission itself as this may also bring fantom problems. If it was rebuilt, maybe touch bases with that shop and see if they can trace down the issue, if it's still under warranty. If it isn't, then I would look at the first 2 sentences.

Products Discussed in

To Top