1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0101 Trouble Code/Engine Code

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by csuviper, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Apr 27, 2016 at 10:11 AM
    csuviper

csuviper [OP] Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Have had the hypertec interceptor off for about 2 weeks now and have not had the code come up at all.

T-Rex266 likes this.
  2. Sep 19, 2016 at 8:27 PM
    Tkmartindill

Tkmartindill New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tk
    Vehicle:
    07Tundra TRD
    Thorley long tube headers K&N air Afe throttle body spacer True duals 6" procomp lift Electric engine fans Engine swap at 278,000 Bunch of other stuff I already forgot
    Just installed new exaust and I'm having the same code problem.
    Weird thing is this is week three of the exaust system being on and the 0101 code started just 48hrs ago.
    Since then it's tripped almost every drive cycle.

Has anyone found a way to get the ecu to recognize more air flow and exaust flow?

3. Sep 20, 2016 at 12:13 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan Amateur fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black '14 CM SR5 w/ SC; 40s on 17s; 5.29s
    P0101 is, more often than not, remedied by cleaning your MAF sensor. I had the code pop up a few weeks ago and cleaning the sensor fixed it. I'm TRD supercharged with the TRD exhaust.

4. Sep 21, 2016 at 5:50 AM
    Tkmartindill

Tkmartindill New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tk
    Vehicle:
    07Tundra TRD
    Thorley long tube headers K&N air Afe throttle body spacer True duals 6" procomp lift Electric engine fans Engine swap at 278,000 Bunch of other stuff I already forgot
    I thought so too.
    My maf is a jet performance so I bought a new denzo from Toyota, cleared the codes and tried it. Took about 20 minutes before it threw the same codes.

I'm leaning on the exaust flow combined with the air flow on the front side being outside of what the ecu is willing to accept as good data and it's causing the ecu to code out exaust inefficiency and maf error codes

5. Oct 20, 2016 at 9:41 PM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    So I had the hypertec interceptor off from April to late September. No codes during that time. Added at the end of septemember and got the code within a week. Grrr. Didn't change anything except uninstall and reinastall. Still have the drop in filter in. Only get the code when getting on it hard or pulling a hill. Still annoying.
    Will put the paper filter on for a little while again to see what happens.

6. Oct 21, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    LOTSOFTOYS

LOTSOFTOYS Toyota Whisperer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Mile high
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra DBL cab
    Huh... it's obviously doing something. I have gone all summer without the code.. . I bet it comes back in the winter

7. Nov 21, 2016 at 12:40 PM
    csuviper

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    CEL after CEL after CEL with the hypertec interceptor and AFE high flow filter.
    Still need to put the paper one back in to see if anything changes.

8. Jun 24, 2018 at 6:35 PM
    GBudd

GBudd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Vehicle:
    11 Tundra DC
    K&N CAI, g
    I have a 2011 DC, with about 55k on the clock, with a K&N CAI, stock exhaust and no other mods. After about 7 months with the CAI, my CEL came on and my code reader revealed P0101 (MAF error). I drove the truck for a while with the light on and it eventually turned off on its own. Then it came back on. Interestingly, every time it came on, I was going uphill, and accelerating. I cleared it about a year ago and it hasn't reappeared since. Until today that is... Today after turning onto an uphill street on wet pavement, I spun my rear wheels for a good distance with the traction control light flashing and the system working to regain traction. The traction control stopped when I took my foot off the accelerator. A few seconds later the truck seemed to bog down as it seemed starved for power and the. The CEL illuminated. Note: I drive this hill very regularly, and it has been the location of previous illuminations, but so have other areas...

I will clean my MAF sensor on the next nice day I have to ensure good drying...

9. Jun 26, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    LOTSOFTOYS

LOTSOFTOYS Toyota Whisperer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Mile high
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra DBL cab
    Likely just the cai

10. Aug 19, 2018 at 7:48 PM
    Rhino

Rhino New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    Sorry to dig this one back up. Ive got a P0101 code on my supercharged with TRD intake, JBA long tubes, Dirty Deeds mid pipes with cats and TRD mufflers. It has OME suspension and 35s. I have two MAF sensors that both test good. I have cleaned them both thoroughly as well. The code comes up immediately after clearing it, key on engine off. Because it comes up so quick I wonder if theres a fault in the wiring. Anyone else have any other issues besides whats listed in this post? Ive read about the sensor being at a different angle and it cleared. The TRD air box has a fixed spot for the sensor so I stuck a roll of electrical tape under the rear of the box and the code came straight back. Thanks!

11. Jan 13, 2019 at 3:14 PM
    Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 sr5 tundra 4x4
    7 inch pro comp lift 37 12.5 nitro ridge grapplers 639 k&n cai hyperforce interceptor tuner
    You know I have had problems with this code for about year sna half have k&n 63 cai an hyperforce interceptor had Toyota do a system check plus did a bunch myself 3 mags burnt up final took hypertech interceptor of an no shit not one code sense but was wondering if could use acelarator control on truck still with no tuner an in near future will be doing DAP tune

12. Feb 15, 2021 at 6:18 PM
    Tundraguy707

Tundraguy707 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 crewmax 5.7 tundra
    07 crewmax 5.7 tundra here...k&n cold air intake like everyone else having issues...had a drastic drop in mpg...finally code tripped with p0101...cleaned mass airflow sensor, cleaned and oiled air filter, cleaned throttle body and realized airraid throttle body spacer was also part of my setup...noticed small barely visible crack in gasket of spacer...of course gasket cannot be ordered individually so I purchased a sheet of fiber/ gasket material...drew a template, cut to size and now performance is back and mpg is on the rise...hope this helps at least one person out there with similar setup scratching their head

Products Discussed in

To Top