1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VF Tuner 3UR Support - Development Tools

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by OVTune, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 24, 2019 at 6:25 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Stumbled on a weekend of free HBO. Mortal Engines, because.....thinking about engines. :thumbsup:

TruckyTruck[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Aug 24, 2019 at 7:48 PM
    Primalbryan

Primalbryan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited Tundra Off-Road TRD- White
    TRD dual exhaust
    @OVTune is there something available already for 2019 models?

3. Aug 25, 2019 at 2:35 AM
    Bo-Hunter

Bo-Hunter I like fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 RW 4x4 Truck
    Long Travel, DC Shortbed
    I received my tunes on Friday, installed them yesterday and did my first log and sent them to Matt. My truck is FFV, naturally aspirated, long tube headers with Keiths race system w/ cats in place, street legal. Only tested the 93 tune with gear lock, will test the stock tune today. Immediately noticed truck runs smoother definitely more power snd torque. Shift points are good might have him change 3 to 4 a little but there about where they should be for my style of driving and it shifts nice and firm. I screwed around with manual shit and I’m digging it, wish the shifter would work the opposite and you pulled back to upshift. I might see if I can reverse the wires or something to make that happen. I will report back as soon as I do more testing but so far very impressed.

papasmurf, Vr0ck, Duneflyer and 4 others like this.
  4. Aug 25, 2019 at 5:06 AM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    I’m in same boat with data logger crashing. Tried switching ports, run as admin and even Win 10 compatibility testing....let Win try and fix and then tried to just select Win 8 and Win 7 compatibility....best I could get is connected for about 5 seconds before crashing. It was fine a couple of weeks ago but had a big Win update this week. Any help is much appreciated as we are working on my tune and need a few more adjustments.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  5. Aug 25, 2019 at 6:10 AM
    tbrown

tbrown 2017 CM FFV

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Blazing Blue
    Magnuson Supercharger Kooks long tube headers King 3.0 remote reservoir w/ clockers front King 3.0 triple bypass remote reservoir rear Deaver Custom leaf Method 312 Corsa Exhaust w/ custom stainless bro’s resonator tip Custom HP tune Viair 400c Dual Onboard Headlight Revolution Stealth Bar Baja design XL 80 ditch lights on SDHQ Ditch brackets Victory 4x4 sliders and bed Molle RCI Skids C4 fabrication overland front bumper Smittybilt x2o 12k winch Toyo Open Country RT 37’s Icon Billet Delta UCA’s Nitro 5.29’s ARB Air locker front and rear Switch Pros Leitner Designs Bed Rack ICS Fab Dash Mount Expedition One Dual Swing Rear Bumper Viper remote start Rosen in headrest DVD players
    B
    I wasn’t able to get data logger to run either, I’ll give this a try

6. Aug 25, 2019 at 6:34 AM
    Bo-Hunter

Bo-Hunter I like fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 RW 4x4 Truck
    Long Travel, DC Shortbed
    My data logger worked perfectly although my buddy Matt @GreatAvalon was on my laptop while I was driving so I'm not sure what he did. We had fun because he was looking at the real time data and giving me the report while I was doing the driving.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    papasmurf and TruckyTruck like this.
  7. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:08 AM
    4Runner

4Runner New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    cool. Whatever you do, don’t update Win10.

shellshock likes this.
  8. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:17 AM
    Bo-Hunter

Bo-Hunter I like fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 RW 4x4 Truck
    Long Travel, DC Shortbed
    lol I'm on 8

9. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:25 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I've tried getting in there to change the two wires, but they're in the same connector and I wasn't able to get them to release. There wasn't a lot of room to work either. I didn't want to bugger the connector or pin connections, so I've adapted to the stock shift pattern. Let us know if you have any luck, I may have another go at it someday when I have that area of the truck disassembled. Or I suppose I could dig into the wiring diagram to see if there's another more easily accessible connector.

TruckyTruck likes this.
  10. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    HulkSmurf14

HulkSmurf14 ...Weighted Average...

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    Tastefully enhanced...
    Is this flash "better" then the standard Unichip tune on those with the TRD S/C? Or is it just more safe as claimed by OVT? I'm interested in the towing/transmission optimizations but just curious if there is better tuning then what I have now? I'm ready to hit "buy" but need more information from customers who have similar setups as I...one thing I really like about BD is one can toggle the seat belt chime and remove speed limiter...not neccessary but nice to have...OVT, can/do you offer such small bonuses like those with you setups?

ryanwgregg likes this.
  11. Aug 25, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    Bo-Hunter

Bo-Hunter I like fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 RW 4x4 Truck
    Long Travel, DC Shortbed
    Good to know that might be something for @GreatAvalon to do he does all my electrical stuff on both of my vehicles.

TruckyTruck and Wynnded[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Aug 25, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    I'm relatively sure that the OV tune removes the speed limiter, and the seat belt chime can be turned off if you can hook up with someone that has TechStream.

13. Aug 25, 2019 at 8:08 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    I'm hitting refresh on my email inbox so often that my provider probably suspects that I'm expecting delivery of an email-order bride. :eek:

Vr0ck, TruckyTruck and HulkSmurf14 like this.
  14. Aug 25, 2019 at 11:08 AM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    What are we up to now? 3 or 4 whole people with N/A trucks that have said anything about their tunes... Surely there are more people with those ECU's that have loaded the OV tune! Where is everyone?

theraven and Wynnded like this.
  15. Aug 25, 2019 at 3:34 PM
    Duneflyer

Duneflyer MGM is the light at the end of the tunnel

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Yuma AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 edition Crewmax 4x4
    Nitro 4:88 gear package with locker in rearend, Procomp 6" lift, mid travel arms, with devers on back, Fox 2.5 coilovers
    MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT!

16. Aug 25, 2019 at 3:40 PM
    Duneflyer

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Yuma AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nitro 4:88 gear package with locker in rearend, Procomp 6" lift, mid travel arms, with devers on back, Fox 2.5 coilovers

There have been several of us that are supacharged that have given our opinions on this tuning. Vs BD, dap or whatever else is out there. Short story .. it's worth it on many levels.

17. Aug 25, 2019 at 4:36 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    I'd love it too, but there's no way I could do that to my truck without the + and - symbols on the shifter being reversed too... My OCD would drive me crazy!

18. Aug 25, 2019 at 5:10 PM
    Duneflyer

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Yuma AZ
    Vehicle:
    When I towed across the US I shifted back and forth the whole trip. Several times I would shift the opposite way and would have to quickly go the other direction. It is backwards for sure.

Watt maker and TruckyTruck like this.
  19. Aug 25, 2019 at 9:25 PM
    Hobbesdsm

Hobbesdsm New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Vehicle:
    2016 crewmax limited
    TRD exhaust and rear sway bar, 2018 led headlights
    :popcorn: More N/A review please!!!

20. Aug 26, 2019 at 5:05 AM
    Bo-Hunter

Bo-Hunter I like fast

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 RW 4x4 Truck
    Long Travel, DC Shortbed
    I drove around yesterday testing out the MAP1(Stock tune) which I don't plan on running that much vs my 93 tune. Once again overall impressed with the tune. I think for me how smooth the engine runs with this tune is super impressive. I ran both tunes on the highway quite a bit yesterday I normally don't do a lot of highway driving. It seems to me that the truck is just running more efficiently, no effort to cruise at 70+mph. I'm really liking the product, I can't wait to have a few things tweaked.

Wynnded, TruckyTruck and HulkSmurf14 like this.
  21. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:30 AM
    HulkSmurf14

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    Tastefully enhanced...
    Alright, one last question before I buy...is there a discount code? Labor Day coming up this weekend...OVT, can you do anything towards that?

22. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:32 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Yes we will have a labor day sale

Midway and HulkSmurf14 like this.
  23. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    HulkSmurf14

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    Tastefully enhanced...
  24. Aug 26, 2019 at 6:51 AM
    speedtre

speedtre New Member

Member:
    Inland Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2006 BSM Toyota Tundra DC TRD 4x4
    I could have written this exact post. Because of the @OVTune , I ended up keeping my 17 Tacoma for 18 months instead of 6...but in the end, the tune was not enough to overcome the sports car motor and double overdrives Toyota inexplicably put in a truck, so I ended up buying a 1-owner low mileage 2006 Tundra (it was between that and a new Tundra). I can only imagine how good the OVTune will be on a 3rd Gen Tundra that does not have the hardware issues the 3rd Gen Tacoma does.

Watt maker likes this.
  25. Aug 26, 2019 at 7:16 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mat
    Vehicle:
    2016 FFV CM
    OVTune RD Vehicle
    Hey everyone,
    we are getting more people switching from another tuning company and want to make sure you are aware >
    If you have a handheld tuner from that company. You MUST flash back to stock on your handheld if you want to ever use / resell / etc. If you flash our file over your ECU the handheld may no longer be functional.

Duneflyer, Wynnded and mzim like this.
  26. Aug 26, 2019 at 7:38 AM
    mzim

mzim New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra DC Silver Sky
    285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Full ARH long tube system Bilstein 6112 Front +2.7" Bilstein 5160 Rear & Icon 1.5 AAL & +2.0 Shackles Fender Flares 1D6 White Knuckle sliders TRD Grille Morimoto LED Headlights with LED DRL/sequential amber switchback turns Rigid Fogs with Square TRD Bezel 4x LED bed lamps wired in OV Tune base load with iterations coming Tech12Volt remote with 2 way fobs and range extender antenna 4.88s with Auburn TRD skid plate Koyo radiator - FAILED REINSTALLED OEM Tyger tri-fold bed cover Bed mat from Boss 4x4 Front bumper spacers 0.5 inch by Boss 4x4 Pop n Lock tailgate wired in Black badging all around Cover King Urban Cammo seat covers front/back Rough Country Floormats Halo 9 HU Underseat kicker sub JRT upgraded speakers
    Would it matter if we have the OEM flash file stored separately?

27. Aug 26, 2019 at 7:39 AM
    HulkSmurf14

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    Tastefully enhanced...
    So for confirmation, if one doesn't have the handheld/stock tune file, it will (the new tune) work fine, right?

For myself, the truck was given a Unichip tune for the installed S/C and thus I do not have the OEM tune or am not able to acquire it...the Unichip tune would then become my new OEM tune...am I correct in this thinking?

28. Aug 26, 2019 at 7:42 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    I am in the same boat, no matter what I do I cannot get it to stop crashing. I have not been able to log any data for a few weeks now (Aug 6th) and it has got to be a Windows update. Pisses me off when Windows make changes like this :mad:

29. Aug 26, 2019 at 8:03 AM
    snivilous

snivilous snivspeedshop.com

Member:
    SW UT
    Vehicle:
    299.9k Supercharged 2008
    Can I dyno tune the truck to dial in the AFR without affecting the rest of the OVTune? From what I'm understanding when I use HP Tuners and a dyno that is mostly to get AFR dialed, and things like VVT, shift points, manual shift, etc. won't get modified/added during the dyno tuning, so if I can gain those features from the OVTune and then dyno it and tweak it without messing up the rest of the OVTune, that sounds good to me.

Duneflyer likes this.
  30. Aug 26, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    Sbrakeville

Sbrakeville Go Hawkeyes

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Plano,TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD sport
    Dang I just ordered mine!

Thread Status: