1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overall Truck Height

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dawgfan706, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Aug 19, 2018 at 2:05 PM
    dawgfan706

dawgfan706 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am looking at the toytec eibach kit with 295/70r18 ridge grappler. Anyone with a similar setup can tell me what their overall truck height is after? My parking garage at work has a 6'10 clearance that I need to stay under.

2. Mar 29, 2021 at 6:39 AM
    BCaffo112

BCaffo112 New Member

Member:
    Rockingham County, VA
    Hey Dawgfan, did you ever figure this out? I am new to the Tundra game and am trying to figure out how to lift and get bigger tires and still park in my garage which is only 80". I am looking at the Eibach pro truck lift system. I have read a ton and I think I can only go 2'' lift/level with 33's. Your truck looks sick. What is your overall height and specs on lift/tires?

3. Mar 29, 2021 at 6:58 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    EDIT:
    wow.. talk about a thread revival :)

I did this same research when I went to lift my truck. At work, I had a friend ride in the back of the truck and then we drove through the parking garage to measure the lowest point of clearance from my truck. The garage has a bunch of piping and other lower hanging items so I wanted to make sure that I had room to lift. It turned out that the lowest point in the parking garage was the entrance bar at 6'8" (my home garage is also 6'8"). The distance from the entrance bar to the top of my truck was about 5.5" (my truck had a 1.5" lift and 295/55/20's at this measurement). So, I had more room to lift. I went with a 3.5"/2.0" lift and 295/60/20 tires and I still had 2" of clearance to the entrance bar. Even though I cleared everything in the garage, sitting up so close to the garage ceiling was unnerving. It still felt like I was going to hit something in the garage. However, you will need to get a shorter antenna. The stock antenna will whack everything. So, you will be good if you have 6'10" of clearance :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021

Products Discussed in

To Top