1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OTHER USES for detailing products

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Pudge, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Jan 2, 2020 at 5:28 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    Saturday is supposed to be raining. I might start with a few things then.

2. Jan 3, 2020 at 5:58 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I’ve used my DA polisher to clean and shine up my granite and shower doors. I’ve used Carnauba wax on my countertops and they look great. Helps with cleaning also. I haven’t tried Reload or any of the sealants on them because of the chemicals. I’ve read that carnauba wax is ok.

I’ve used Reload in the washer and dryer, and it works great. For who ever asked about using it on the stove top, I wouldn’t recommend it. Besides the health risk (sio2 is a pretty potent chemical) the heat would pretty much burn it right off. I doubt there’s anything that will stand up to the heat.

For shower doors, I have used my DA, but the best combo I’ve found is a drill brush and Barkeepers Friend. That stuff will clean anything, though it’s not recommended to use on granite. Works better than anything on glass.

Adams Ceramic Spray worked great on the shower doors, which is weird because it doesn’t last at all on paint. It’s probably the most overpriced detailing product in the universe though. Jescar Powerlock works even better on glass than the Adams, and is a lot cheaper.

Griots also makes a glass cleaning clay that works great for the shower doors. I use it where the drill brush or DA won’t reach.

Pudge[OP] and JMB like this.
  3. Jan 3, 2020 at 4:15 PM
    marc32

marc32 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4
    Good evening everyone, sorry I missed the party! Thanks @War Machine for the kind words.
    Some of you all had questions on what to use for granite and engineered quartz. I’ll try to answer as best as I can. Anything I miss just ask in here or send me a pm.

@Squatting Pigeon
    Had some good points about ph neutral cleaners and such.

I will take it a step further.
    For cleaning stones wether marble, granite, quartzite, limestone engineered quartz. You have two choices really. Buy a commercial product geared towards the product your trying to clean. Or use Dawn dishwashing soap, warm water and scrub those counters. I use personally the second option. I use a separate sponge, don’t use the one you use for your dishes. If you use the one for your dishes, you will end up spreading the a greasy film all over the counters. As for drying the counters. I use one of my detailing microfiber towels. you can use windex type products, but only on the granite, quartzite and engineered quartz. Don’t use it on the marble or limestone.

the engineered quartz, if your getting marks on the counters and can’t remove them, use a little barkeepers friend in a powder form. Use a little water and make a paste and rub it in the area that has the marks. It will clean most areas.

As for you all using bead maker for the counters you can. Personally I feel as if we have way to many chemicals out there. On my counter where I prep my food. I find the above methods work best for me.

JMB likes this.
  4. Jan 10, 2020 at 3:35 AM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    Not really a detailing product, but I recently used barkeepers friend liquid to polish my Kamado Joe. It worked really well. I got tired pretty quick doing it by hand, so I broke out my DA. Looks brand new now.

War Machine likes this.
  5. Jan 10, 2020 at 4:26 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    That stuff is magic. Pretty much the strongest household cleaner I’ve used. Works great on windshields also.

6. Jan 11, 2020 at 1:35 AM
    astro-jason

astro-jason New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 CHEVROLET 3500 CC L/B Duramax 10spd
    I use Adam's detail spray on just about everything in the house, stainless appliances, mirrors, glass and The best use I found is cleaning flat screen TV'S keeps the dust off and no streaks.

-Jason

7. Apr 4, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    You can play around with it to change the way it works but I usually use 2oz reload, 2oz ech20 and then 20oz water in a 24oz spray bottle. If anything I'll go down on reload and up on ech2o

phogallen[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Apr 5, 2020 at 11:01 PM
    Bust

Bust New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shean
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    So what would people use for hard water spots in the shower? We have brushed nickel shower parts and the hard water spots are driving me nuts. Ideas?

9. Apr 6, 2020 at 3:00 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Old girl turns 25 this year. Started on the 2nd pull after hibernation. Used to cut 20 lawns a week from 98-2005 with it. She's been good to me.
    Anyway I gave it a purple power bath then some hydro2 cuz why not. I didn't actually wash it, just hose but she looks fresh for the year.

20200406_175811.jpg

10. Apr 6, 2020 at 9:24 PM
    Bust

Bust New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shean
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    Looks good! I'm actually thinking about giving my old rider a bath, maybe a hydro2 splash and beadmaker on the deck...

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  11. Apr 6, 2020 at 9:41 PM
    soobahru

soobahru New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 tundra 5.7L double cab 6.5ft 2019 tundra 5.7L limited crewmax
    Anyone with experience with marble? Any compounds to remove water marks and to bring back shine? Sealing it after with car products?

Products Discussed in

To Top