1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One-Way, Two-Way, Smart Start - Viper Remote Start

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by redzman, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Oct 22, 2016 at 4:26 AM
    redzman

redzman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Vehicle:
    2016 Platinum Tundra 4X4 - Black
    33X12.50 Toyo M/T 20X9, +20 Offset Fuel Pump Wheels 2.5 in level kit (front only) Hellwig Sway Bar (rear) Steal Running Boards
    Hey Guys -

I realize there are a lot of threads on remote starts and I don't want the factory OEM. I've concluded I want a Viper. What I can't figure out is which one. I was sold on the 5706v (lcd two-way), but the lady I spoke basically said, they are all the same, and the two-way isn't worth it- just more things to go wrong. She said to go with the 5606 (one way) but I am still tempted to get the 5806 (led two-way). She had them both in stock, so you would think she'd sell me the most expensive one if she was trying to make more money off of me.

Then there is the 5X10 which is new, but she says we don't need it because we don't have a lot of fancy security that dodge/others have/need.

My questions are:

1) What do you have?
    2) Anyone have the smart start too (works via app - annual fee to use)?
    3) One "preferred dealer" said there is a special harness you can buy to limit the amount of cut/spliced wires, but the other preferred dealer said no such thing exists.

Thanks Guys -

Zac

2. Oct 22, 2016 at 7:20 AM
    GoHuskers

GoHuskers New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lam
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    '16 Limited CM 5.7L 4x4, '15 GX460 premium
    You want 2- way LED because when your car is out of sight the remote will tell you whether it's started or not. Also, looking at the remote you can tell whether your car is locked or unlocked.

You want the by pass module because you don't want them to cut your original harness.

I have both the viper 5706v and CompuStart 2 ways and they are both great but I like the look and feel of the Viper more.

Products Discussed in

To Top