1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oils and lubes

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Sparkzilla, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Feb 23, 2018 at 11:24 AM
    Sparkzilla

Sparkzilla [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeffrey
    Does anyone use Red Line oils and lubes in their trucks? Was just wandering if it's okay to use non standard Toyota products...especially wandering about ATF

2. Feb 23, 2018 at 12:00 PM
    mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Williamsburg, Va
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab, Phantom Grey Pearl
    Leveled. 16x8 Pacer 164 wrapped in 295-75-16 General AT2. Flowmaster exhaust. K&N Cold air intake.
    I use Royal Purple in the diff and I use their 5w20 in the engine. I stick with the Toyota World Standard trans fluid though.

3. Feb 23, 2018 at 12:19 PM
    kenomouth64

kenomouth64 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Sr5 4x4 (TRD Off Road) Crewmax 5.7L
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    I use Mobile 1 5w-20 High mileage oil. I use Mobile 1 Synthetic Gear oil (forgot the viscosity) for the Front/rear differentials and transfer case. I use Valvoline ATF+4 for the power steering fluid. I utilize Prestone Dot 3 brake fluid for the brakes. I use genuine Toyota Coolant. I use genuine Toyota World Standard Fluid for the transmission.

I would not use anything other than Toyota World Standard Fluid in the tranny.

mudslinger79 likes this.
  4. Feb 23, 2018 at 12:42 PM
    UTTundra

UTTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Utah
    I use Red Line in the front and rear diffs. 75W85 per 2014 owner's manual. It's been solid thus far.

5. Sep 26, 2019 at 12:22 PM
    wjamesbass

wjamesbass New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra V8 4x4
    I'm looking hard at buying a case of Mobil 1 75/90 (LS) for servicing the front and rear differentials and wonder if I could use limited slip fluid in the transfer case. Any ideas or concerns about that?

The truck had been faithfully serviced at a Toyota dealership for the first 245,000 miles and it shows, but I just don't think I can afford that kind of upkeep and would prefer to do the work myself. That being said, I fully intend to let someone flush the transmission with Toyota World Standard when the time comes.

(I thought it would be easier to jump into an old forum that most closely covered what I was searching for rather than start a new one)

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top