1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oil leak timing cover

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by DBL TAP, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Apr 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM
    DBL TAP

DBL TAP [OP] Light 'em up

Member:
    USA
    Changed the oil and filter the other day and noticed a drop of engine oil on the timing chain cover. There's no sign of oil dripping onto anything below, so from day one, and for 1,900 miles, this has probably been slow seepage that cumulatively became a drop.
    I inspected everything above with a mirror and flashlight, and no traces of oil coming down to the bottom of the cover.
    This is a tough call for me, as I know that breaking into a new motor can bring on a multitude of other issues. The repair is only as good as the tech doing the job.
    So the next time you change your oil, check the timing cover for leaks/seepage and hopefully you have none.

image.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    dcsleeper408 likes this.
  2. Apr 12, 2016 at 5:55 PM
    MillsTRD14

MillsTRD14 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra TRD
    Ba mufflers 7 inch, Bilstein 5100 TRD strut bar, Firestone adjustable ride rite airbags, tow mirrors , BFGoodrich ta ko2 33s, TRD shift knob, blacked out emblems, tundra Pro grill......
    yep they had to do mine already also , been about 1k miles now so everything seems good

3. Apr 12, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    DBL TAP

DBL TAP [OP] Light 'em up

Member:
    USA
    Glad that yours turned out well. Drove mine about 50 miles today and no sign of any drip? Go figure.

dcsleeper408 likes this.
To Top