1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Pocketed Fender Flares

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by 2016platinum, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Apr 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM

2016platinum [OP] New Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I am looking at a new 2016 Tundra Platinum that has the Toyota Pocketed Fender Flares installed. I am not sure if I like the flare look so the dealer has offered to remove them and reduce the truck price.

My question is how are the flares installed and how difficult is the removal? My concern is that it might be noticeable that they have been removed?
  2. Apr 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Jul 8, 2015
    First Name:
    Bentonville, AR
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    The pocket flares I have seen have a rubber or vinyl buffer that covers the edge of the flare all the way around. Since this is a new truck, my best guess is that removing them would not cause any markings to show where the flare rests on the fender. You could always tell the dealer that you won't accept it if they did leave a mark upon removal.
To Top