1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

O2 & CAT Converter temperature sensors

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by TTund16, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Sep 21, 2022 at 5:20 PM
    TTund16

TTund16 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a factory TRD dual-exhaust.
    It has 2 separate and independent exhaust pipes and each side has 2 CATs for total of 4.

I was under the car yesterday but forgot to check how many sensors are there or check the locations ...

Don't recall seeing any sensors on or near the trailing (rear) CATs.
    Typically O2 Sensors are upstream & downstream of CAT Converter ... So all sensors must be upstream and downstream of the leading (front) CATs.
    Trailing (rear) CATs have no sensors! Not a big deal, you probably already knew that ;)

My question is regarding the O2 sensor and catalytic converter temperature sensors.

Question #1
    Does the O2 sensor also reads the catalytic converter temperatures? Or is there a different sensor for that?

With UltraGauge I can read the following temperatures:
    • Bank 1 Sensor 1 temperature (B1-S1) Driver side upstream sensor.
    • B1-S2 (driver side downstream sensor)
    • B2-S1 (Passenger side upstream sensor)
    • B2-S2 (passenger downstream sensor)

I also had a thread and a question about the bank 1/2 temperature readings which never got resolved. Just in case someone knows, I post it here again:

UltraGauge B1S1 and B1S2 temperature readings seems to be working and very accurate.

However, B2S1 and B2S2 display exact same temperature as B1S1 and B1S2 respectively. Basically they are just copied over I assume.

I can see the temperatures be close but no way they read exact same temperatures since they are different sensors and on 2 different independent exhaust systems and locations (refer to my TRD dual info above).
    Most likely UltraGauge is just reading one bank (for single exhaust system) and not programmed to deal with dual-exhaust system. FYI, I didn't have to program B1-S1/2. It was already pre-programmed by UltraGauge.

Question #2
    Has anyone been able to figure out or program the UltraGauge to read B2S1 and B2S2 correctly?

Question #3
    Do we need to install a CAT Converter cooler? It gets very hot!
    Is there a cooler kit for that? j/k :D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top