1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No more hardcopy service manuals?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by rockjockey, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Oct 1, 2016 at 6:38 PM
    rockjockey

rockjockey [OP] Per ardua ad astra!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra TSS
    When I bought my '08 Tundra I negotiated a complete set of service manuals as part of the deal. Those manuals saved me big bucks over the years and allowed me to call BS on a few service techs. When I recently purchased my '16, I again negotiated a set of hardcopy manuals as part of the deal (made them put it in writing). After a month of waiting for them, I finally talked with the sales mgr, who informed me that Toyota no longer prints hardcopy service manuals (supposedly starting with the 2016 model year). Further, he stated that Toyota would not provide me with a digital copy either. The dealer did make good on the supposed value ($450) of earlier service manual sets and I was allowed to go to the parts department and select $450 worth of merchandise. I'd rather have had the manuals.
    Anybody else heard anything about no more hardcopy manuals?

2. Oct 2, 2016 at 5:13 AM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    I always bought these for new vehicles also.

They were not available for 2015 either. I don't know when the limiting change of no published hard copies began.

A digital copy is available but it is very hard to search and all the internal interactive links do not work (like they do for the guy at the parts counter)

Products Discussed in

To Top