1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Apple CarPlay? What aftermarket headset?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Mcadieux01, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Jun 14, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    Beastmode1794

Beastmode1794 Masshole

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra 1794 edition smoked misquite
    My alpine halo9 works fine with the stock backup camera

2. Jun 15, 2019 at 9:05 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    As both radios should work. Makes no damn sense to me

3. Jun 18, 2019 at 4:59 AM
    Nap1970

Nap1970 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD off road
    Strongly considering installing an aftermarket backup camera and was wanting to know if anyone had an experience with having a wireless camera. Curious how it compared to wired aftermarket camera as far as video quality and if the video can be viewed in the aftermarket stereo instead of the included monitor it comes with?

4. Mar 18, 2020 at 8:41 AM
    tundraatx

tundraatx 2008 Limited Double Cab, 5.7L

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Limited Double Cab, 5.7L
    1) Bought with 225k miles on it, a Westin bullnose bumper, and OEM tundra steps 2) Current Mileage 238k Mods: 1) Dirty Deeds BA Mufflers 8 inch with resonator (as of Feb 2021) - Had the 10 inch with resonator - Prefer the 10 inch without resonator - deeper sound hear it more in the cab 2.) Ranch Hand Summit Front Bumper/Guard 3) Ranch Hand Summit Bumper 4) Billstein 5100s all around 5) TRD front and rear sway bars 6.) Rough Country wheel to wheel steps 7) Pioneer 8400 NEX Wireless ApplePlay 8) Backup Camera: e-raptor 9) LED white lights replaced in headlights, fog lights, inside cabin, and exterior lights 10) Linex (unbranded by Central Texas Truck Coatings) 11) OEM Toyota side panels and generic panel on tailgate Maintenance/Repairs: 1) Valve covers, belt tensioner, alternator belt - $415 2) Evaporation fuel canister and filter replacment $1547 *This was a Toyota TSB for 07-08 AFAIK. Toyota covered in first 3 years of ownership. Mine failed after 13 years of daily regular driving use. Not bad at all. 3) Pioneer Unit - had to ship to Pioneer to replace Output IC - $45 (shipping) free under 1 year warranty fix 4) Pioneer Unit - Electrical feed back coming through speakers when accelerating. Fix was to check all wiring/tighten up/ make connections good again $42. 5.) Rear passenger door actuator replaced. Part was $287 with tax on ebay from Toyota dealer free shipping. 6.) Rack and Pinion, tow mirrors, shocks install, lifetime alignment - $1884.36
    I wanted to share my buyer's beware story with my Pioneer 8400 nex unit. Long story short, the unit would stop playing any audio at different times for no apparent reason. Then it would take it's time to come back, sometimes 5 min, 10 min etc. It wasn't anything to do with the usb cable, all of the other cables or plugs being unplugged, or anything like that. Nothing to do with car play etc or bluetooth. I had it checked out a couple times by my local install shop. I did an RMA with Pioneer.

What I didn't know is that Pioneer makes the buyer pay for the shipping of their defective unit even when the unit is under warranty. I don't know about you, but I don't like subsidizing a giant corporation's shipping costs. I shipped the unit a few weeks ago for $36. The replacement parts have been received, and it takes another 5-7 days to install it, and then ship it. In principle I think this is a shitty business practice. I'm a super strong brand loyal kind of guy.

So, it might be worth your while to look into warranties and shipping who covers the cost in case the unit breaks. I know I'm looking into other options other than Pioneer in the future. Just crossing my fingers the rest of these companies aren't like Pioneer.

panicman likes this.
To Top