1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tundra in N. Colorado.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fitz19d, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Oct 18, 2015 at 12:51 PM
    Fitz19d

Fitz19d [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 5.7 SR5 Tundra
    Black wheel dip. Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
    Howdy,

First time truck for me coming from a VW R32. Love it so far, it was bought next to new at i25 ford. Found it by accident and wasn't planning on a truck until next year. Wife and I had been sorta looking at the Rebel as she's picky and we both liked it alright. Then it actually came out and price was bullshit as well as the actual features. Still love Raptors, but realized while I make more than I used to, the 2017 when it comes would be unrealistic. Used to be a tacoma fan boy, but after enough reading and seeing the newer models lost some of the charm. But, the newer Tundra's I was in love with. So after a little shopping around and finding this one to be a decent deal compared to others except maybe if I was willing to go to the far end of the state I grabbed it.

Used 6k miles, figured I lost a little depreciation hit, while still hopefully having a truck that's been messed up. Was a blinged out black one I kinda liked with 30k miles, but one of those so much aftermarket I'm worried whats been messed up. Just the SR5 package, 5.7L. While I kinda would love the other top trim options, I dont tow, and so most of it wasn't necessary or worth it. I thought part of the charm of the Tundra is having a nice big engine option in a full size truck without excessive bling making it 50k+ like other brands. That whole dig on not being updated sometimes works for the better.

So far I've plastidipped the wheels and in a month have 1600 miles on it... (Wedding in Grandlake/Glenwood Springs and a long work commute :( ) It also came with as part of negotiations a rhino hide bedliner and previous owner had a prodigy P2 brake controller on it. (Probably need to sell if I can remove easily as I dont see myself ever hauling anything with electric brakes.)

My only concern is with the brake controller while not hot rodded, wonder why it was sold and how much abuse hauling it's done. I'm currently trying to find a service department and tech I like to be a regular. Thinking Ehrlich Greeley as I liked their VW dept. (Live in Frederick so North Denver thru fort collins ideal.)

My to do list currently is thinking of doing the DIY airbox mod, I'd like to get a 6 or 7 inch BAmuffler system. And really despite not being ready for it, considering taking a bank loan just to grab a TRD Supercharger while theres any left. (Worry about installing it later, just have the unit on hand. Does have complication of being FFV which I didnt know had warranty conflict on SC until after...) I will also plasti the front chrome bumper, leaving the chrome trim on grill since I also have chrome step bar. Then thinking of a black square in the hood indent similiar to the Raptors. (And maybe later play with doing plastidip graphics with stencils.) Also need to ditch these shit Dueller HT's if they dont kill my this winter and want to try either Cooper AT3, BFG KO2, or some duratracs. Undecided and trying to find good prices.

Aside from a lot of reading I've done here and on the other Tundra forums (still trying to find a favorite), I look forward to meeting with some of the other locals like CSUviper maybe sometime to check out what they've done. I know some of my local gun forum folk are on Tacomaworld, maybe I'll find some here. Would love to get up close to someones supercharged Tundra to help me pull the trigger.

unnamed.jpg
    dipped.jpg

Black Wolf and T-Rex266 like this.
  2. Oct 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    Welcome from NE Colorado!

3. Oct 18, 2015 at 1:08 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Welcome to the site from SC!

4. Oct 18, 2015 at 1:21 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Welcome! I know you're a bit further than I am, but I use @LOTSOFTOYS over at Stevinson West Toyota. He is also on TW and many members only allow him to touch their vehicle.

5. Oct 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM
    Fitz19d

Fitz19d [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 5.7 SR5 Tundra
    Black wheel dip. Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
    That's near some of my post sites, though I work primarily FtC/Greeley or central denver these days. Maybe I can request working out that way occasionally. Right near there is actually a super amazing little restraunt for breakfast/lunch. Nick's cafe. Cash only, hole in the wall. Best Gyro's and Reubens I know of and loves any kind of uniformed service.

6. Oct 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    JC303

JC303 Same same but different

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Aurora, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra 5.7
    :cheers:Welcome. I second Sean. @LOTSOFTOYS is the tundra whisperer. He does great work. Worth the extra drive. Nice truck.

LOTSOFTOYS and T-Rex266 like this.
  7. Oct 18, 2015 at 5:02 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Welcome from Aurora, CO.

8. Oct 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Welcome!

9. Oct 18, 2015 at 8:32 PM
    flynbyu2

flynbyu2 I'm your huckleberry...

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 CrewMax 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 50 / Dual In - Dual Out Exhaust BakFlipG2 Tonneau Cover TRD Rear Sway Bar
    Welcome. I hope you find the forum as helpful and addicting as I do.

Products Discussed in

To Top