1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New platinum or used LX 570

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Dyollp, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Dec 8, 2018 at 8:15 AM
    Dyollp

Dyollp [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 White Platinum
    Hi, new to the forum. I've read and learned a lot from the tundra vs X truck posts. I've searched for a similar post regarding lexus Lx570 or land cruiser, haven't found it. Basically, I'm in the market for a new to me vehicle. I drive a 2007 v6 4runner that I've owned since 2008. It still runs fine but it's time for something new. I tow a 21' bass boat that is a little big for the 4runner, and I'd like a v8. Does anyone have experience with tundra vs lx 570 or land Cruiser? I'd be looking at a 30k mile 2015 or 2016 vs new platinum tundra. Surprisingly the lexus tends to be cheaper and more readily available than the land cruiser. There's just a lot more lease returns in the 36 month time frame.

Ill also use the vehicle for camping and mild off roading. I've test driven them both but looking to hear from others. I've always had an suv as a daily driver so the tundra would be a bit of a change.

Thank you

2. Dec 8, 2018 at 8:34 AM
    fastarget

fastarget New Member

Member:
    Have the same thing going on, so here is my take. We have a 17 land cruiser, it will tow the boat easily but the short wheel base is not as stable in fast corners or highway speeds( 75mph), if you don't have to tow it far and fast, then the LC is fine.
    My wife's infinity qx56 will tow the Ranger as well, and get 14 mpg, but using a friends f150 to test my theory, if felt more stable. Less dipping and diving on rough roads, even if you use an equalizer hitch, SUVs by nature have softer springs. With two kids, coolers, clothing, a spot for the boat cover etc, a truck made more sense, so we are trading the infinity in on a fishing truck :)

3. Dec 8, 2018 at 10:58 AM
    Tundra9831

Tundra9831 New Member

Member:
    I'd rather have the LC vs LX570 and that's true of most folks in the overland or offroad scene. That's also why it's harder to find a clean used LC for the same price as a clean used LX570.

The Tundra gets you the same engine, but more interior space, an open bed, better towing etc., but less luxury, cheaper materials, etc. You can't really go wrong with any of them, but it just depends on your exact needs.

Products Discussed in

To Top