1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rt_tundra_co, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Nov 30, 2018 at 8:48 PM
    rt_tundra_co

rt_tundra_co [OP] I'll get tired of tweaking this truck...never

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    Magnaflow cat-back exhaust Leer Topper, color matched to truck Thule Aeroblade roof rack on topper FABTECH 4” Suspension Lift Decked Storage, 2 drawer SPYDER LED headlights and taillights kits Hertz HDP5 5 Channel Class D Amplifier 2 x 10” subwoofer boxed behind rear seat Door speaker upgrades by Elite Auto Sound Colorado Springs Lock’er Down EXxtreme Console Safe LD2043EX Lock’er Down rear seat 3 x safes Lock’er Down gun magnet 80 LED in-grill light bar Baja Designs LED ditch lights TRD Pro grill Rotiform SIX-OR 20x9 wheels 35x12.5R20 Toyota Open Country R/T tires TheSource sPOD power control hub with in-cab installed accessory switches Firestone Ride Rite air suspension system with Air Command remote, on board compressor and rear bumper air port SDHQ rock sliders
    I'll be researching on YouTube but if my son and I think we need expert advice, I'll reach out. Thanks!

In general, is it very tough? Time consuming I imagine...

2. Nov 30, 2018 at 8:49 PM
    rt_tundra_co

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    Magnaflow cat-back exhaust Leer Topper, color matched to truck Thule Aeroblade roof rack on topper FABTECH 4” Suspension Lift Decked Storage, 2 drawer SPYDER LED headlights and taillights kits Hertz HDP5 5 Channel Class D Amplifier 2 x 10” subwoofer boxed behind rear seat Door speaker upgrades by Elite Auto Sound Colorado Springs Lock’er Down EXxtreme Console Safe LD2043EX Lock’er Down rear seat 3 x safes Lock’er Down gun magnet 80 LED in-grill light bar Baja Designs LED ditch lights TRD Pro grill Rotiform SIX-OR 20x9 wheels 35x12.5R20 Toyota Open Country R/T tires TheSource sPOD power control hub with in-cab installed accessory switches Firestone Ride Rite air suspension system with Air Command remote, on board compressor and rear bumper air port SDHQ rock sliders
    Thanks! Also, killer name...

3. Nov 30, 2018 at 8:51 PM
    rt_tundra_co

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    Thanks! The wrap is done but I'm excited about seeing it without it.

4. Nov 30, 2018 at 10:24 PM
    Vendeta2k

Vendeta2k Distinguished Member Of The Cement Club

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bozeman, Montana
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited Cement CM
    Welcome!

rt_tundra_co[OP] likes this.
  5. Dec 2, 2018 at 5:47 PM
    rt_tundra_co

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    Looking for some opinions here. The guy I bought it from had the center console replaced with a combo steel lock box. He also installed 3 steel lock boxes in the floor under the rear row of seats. As you can see the truck is covered in an OD green vinyl wrap. On the roof of the topper there is an additional layer of black vinyl that has a plus sign cut out so that what is remaining is a green plus sign. I've done my best blood hound in the interior and don't smell anything funky. Pretty interesting - not sure I can do much with the lock boxes. I don't carry much cash or any pot - can't keep the Top Secret clearance doing that!

So do you think I'm on track?

RT

20181129_130620.jpg

TheBeast likes this.
  6. Dec 2, 2018 at 6:14 PM
    Deer Wiaper

Deer Wiaper Deer Wisperer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    2018 Tundra Quicksand
    Deer Wisper here can you tell me what brand topper it is I really like the way it fits trying to decide, did you have to have it paint matched or can the manufacturer paint it

7. Dec 2, 2018 at 6:39 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    Welcome from Burlington! Good lookin ride.

8. Dec 2, 2018 at 7:55 PM
    TSAV14

TSAV14 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4
    That looks like a Leer to me. I have the same one but with different side windows.

9. Dec 2, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    ProtoJ

ProtoJ New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crewmax TRD Off-Road
    Drug mule tundra! Definetly the medicinal symbol on the roof!

10. Dec 2, 2018 at 8:46 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    very nice truck !

11. Dec 2, 2018 at 9:05 PM
    sdde4n

sdde4n New Member

Member:
    People's Republic of California
    Vehicle:
    2018 CrewMax - Sierra Romeo Cinco
    Leitner Designs ACS
    Welcome from SoCal.

12. Dec 3, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    rt_tundra_co

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    I am the second owner and did not put on the topper. It's a Leer brand and it's matched to the paint color of the truck. Not sure if that was custom or direct from Leer.

13. Dec 3, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    YZTundy

YZTundy New Member

Member:
    Denver, Co
    2011 Crewmax Rock Warrior
    Hello from Denver:hattip:

14. Dec 3, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    sunnysideTRD

sunnysideTRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    Standard 2019 TRD Pro but will be a project car and add as I go
    welcome from TX

15. Dec 3, 2018 at 10:17 AM
    tenntundra

tenntundra 2013 SR5 crewmax Barcelona red

Member:
    First Name:
    Walter
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2013 barcelona red sr5 crewmax TRD tundra
    3" suspension lift, BMF 20" wheels 305/55/20 nitto ridge grappler tires,painted RED bushwhacker fender flares,fold up tonneu cover,100 watt led fog lights,led interior lights,borla dual exhaust,tinted windows,window vent visors, Toyota hood protector,toyota step bars,spyder carbon fiber floor mats,k&n air filter,painted brake calipers red, installed red lug nuts on wheels remote start.
    Welcome from East Tennessee

16. Dec 15, 2018 at 5:58 AM
    el_taco

el_taco New Member

Member:
    Its a leer xq model, their top of the line model and you got the windoors....its easily over 2.5k there. All i will tell you is dont get rid of it.

I've got the same model but without the windoors which i would love to have. These models should have a locking mechanism on the back of the unlactch handle . You can tie it to your door locks, along with your tailgate and both topper and tailgate locks/unlocks with your doors. I did this mod and it friggin awesum.

17. Jul 18, 2019 at 3:10 PM
    rt_tundra_co

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '15 SR5 CM TRD
    I need to post a pic of the truck since I have removed the green wrap. It was a bitch of a project taking probably 20 hours of work with a heat gun, etc.

This thing has been invaluable this past winter. I survived the Bomb Cyclone here in Colorado and pulled out probably 5 people in the thick of the blizzard. I was kinda forced to be out - I have a job that never stops regardless of weather. In the following major wet snowstorm I pulled several people out again - one that was scheduled to replace me at work.

Problems solved and/or created:

1. Added a spacer to the stock spare wheel to make it possible to mount (previously it was simply dead weight)
    2. I have not figured out how to get the LED bars on my Spyder headlights to run with DRLs - I cannot simply jump them to the existing DRLs because they too work as blinkers
    3. I added LED strip lights to the topper, wrapped over the top of the side sliding windows but have not figured out the wiring yet - I suck at electrical
    4. Got a new windshield and saved the Colorado State Park pass!
    5. Replaced damaged trim: passenger side window trim and passenger side roof gutter trim
    6. Replaced driver door step swing controller

Plans from here:
    1. Consider a headlight and amber DRL LED swap - thinking Headlight Revolution bulbs
    2. Properly level headlights - previous owner removed adjustment motor
    3. Paint over cup holder chrome
    4. Make a plan to deal with remaining black vinyl covering exterior chrome - it's wearing out
    5. Replace the spare tire with something that is AT and as big as I can fit in the space between the springs (and cut off the metal holders for the stock space)

It's been fun!

Here is a current pic from Grand Tetons National Park in June:

JC303 and zcarpenter92 like this.
  18. Jul 18, 2019 at 3:25 PM
    hogpiolet

hogpiolet New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmie
    Vehicle:
    2018 tundra Platnium
    none