1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member and first time Tundra owner.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SuperWhite14, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sep 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    SuperWhite14

SuperWhite14 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra
    Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and to Tundras. I have had a few Dodge Rams and a Silverado. I traded in a 2008 lifted Silverado and a 2012 SS Camaro in on my Tundra. I hated to see the Camaro go, but I had to due to a growing family. It was easier once I got into my Tundra and drove off. I love it. My father-in-law has one with nearly 200,000 miles on it and it still runs like a champ. I do have one problem...I have a modding problem. It's not necessarily my problem as much as it's the wife's. She doesn't understand why I have to fix up every vehicle I get. I've already installed WeatherTech Floors mats and got my windows tinted. I did de-badge the truck, but I decided to keep the TRD 4x4 stickers on for now. Anyway, enough from me. I'm here to learn all I can, find ways to spend my money and maybe I will be able to contribute once I become more familiar with these trucks.

My Truck Passenger Side.jpg

2. Sep 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner Black
    Welcome to the site! What mods do you have planned?

3. Sep 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    SuperWhite14

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra
    I'm fighting the urge to alter the suspension in any way. Like I stated, I'm coming from a lifted Silverado that rode like a dump truck. I absolutely love how my Tundra rides. I may have to though since I want to do some black 20x8s with a lower offset so I can get the wheels out of the wheel well a little and a little bigger tire. I would like to get rid of some of the chrome. I tried to get the dealer to switch the nerf bars for black ones, but I didn't have any luck. I want the Platinum grill to get rid of some chrome on the front end. I am looking at bed covers as well. Still undecided on which one to get. That's about all that I have planned so far, but fell free to offer some suggestions.

4. Sep 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Great color!
    U can plasti dip the chrome, or just swap it out. I believe TRDSparks has them.

I miss my Camaro...97 Z28....loved it...but like u, we had a family and needed the room.

There are PLENTY of mods u can do. Check out my last build, or CSUviper's build.

5. Sep 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM
    SuperWhite14

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra
    Yeah, I saw that TRDSparks has them. Just not sure how hard it would be to swap. I am quickly finding out that the mods are endless...it's just how much does one want to spend.

To Top