1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Land Crusier 300 series (not available USA)

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by nodak67, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Jun 11, 2021 at 5:06 PM
    TexAggie

TexAggie New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
  2. Jun 12, 2021 at 10:49 AM
    Acedude

Acedude New Member

Member:
    Colorado Plateau
    Vehicle:
    2019 Sequoia SR5 4WD
    RCI aluminum front skid, Timbren rear bumpstops, Carhartt seat covers and cargo area cover, Weathertech floorliners, Hewitt SAIP bypass, genuinecoolingsystems trans cooler, Lexus front diff fill/drain plugs
    I bet the new Seq will remain IRS. Can't go back to solid axle, reduces cargo space, and already have a proven robust IRS. They're not building an LC300 clone, they're building a larger SUV with the Seq that shares some drivetrain components with the LC, same as the current gen.
    Sequoia IRS IMO would be much better offroad if you remove the rear swaybar. Maybe still not quite as much droop as a solid axle, and you must do some suspension enhancements to compensate after removing swaybars. Airbags, Sumosprings, Timbrens, stronger coilsprings, something that prevents death wobble at highway speeds.
    Ah, so what I thought was the new Prado is an LX Sport version, the next gen LX available in the US but without the goofy chin and integrated sidesteps. No way I can afford a Lexus 4WD but will look for a used 3G Sequoia 4WD 5-6 years from now.

TexAggie[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top