1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AppleFarmer, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Nov 13, 2021 at 12:57 PM
    AppleFarmer

AppleFarmer [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 Tundra Platinum
    I’ve posted a few replies but saw I was supposed to do an intro post.

First of all, I’m a woman.

I guess what actually matters is that I just got a ‘21 Platinum Wind Chill Crew Max. I was backed into a corner on timing this purchase and couldn’t wait for next year’s model (was quoted Jan ‘23 on a 22 TRD by my local dealer). I joined to see what I should do first, and how to do it.

My husband, while not a mechanic, is a car enthusiast. He has been doing most of our upgrades and work himself for a few years. We have a full sized 4 post lift in our garage, so he will do most upgrades and repairs. He drives a 17’ competition M3 Executive in Yas Marina which works great for me because no matter what I go to him with as far as an upgrade, he’s probably spent that much on his ride. Permission granted.

We live in PNW, east side of cascades. I farm 7000 acres of permanent plantings for a living (apples, cherries, grapes). Husband works from home in tech. I’m coming out of an high miles Xterra (which he will drive in snow). This truck is much bigger through tight spots so far. I would have gotten a 4R but need the big back seat. I expect to put on 25-35k miles per year and would like to get 13 years out of it.

First things I’ve got on my list are:

This week - flares, level, console safe, bed divider. I bought it with the TRD exhaust, bed step, bed liner, cover, cleats.

Next 3 weeks (after level) Tires + wheels. I probably won’t do a lift. Clearance is an issue at the tree canopy on a lot of roads I drive. I see a lot of sand and loose soils, and some steep terrain too. I’m looking at an all-terrain rather than a mud tread, maybe size down to an 18 to get more meat. Black.

I want to put new steps on and sell the ones I bought on the truck. I want something less slick. My guess is I’ll also be selling these take off tires / rims.

I must replace the chrome mirror caps and door handles. Can’t decide if I paint match or go black in the wind chill. Hmm.

I’d like an 110 inverter inside for my PC, tucked in to look factory. My phone calls feel muffled (best way to describe), so I’ll need to do something with audio as well.

I want to put a pair of usb c in the back of the center console, replacing the 12v for kids device charging.

I saw some options for under seat storage that look doable in the back. Need to explore sound deadening options.

I feel naked without my golf clubs 9 months of the year, so I need to solve that problem. So far I’ve put them on the floor in the back with the passenger bench folded up. I need an in-bed solution but also don’t want them filthy so for now they ride up front. I’d love to see a box with a lid that track mounts front to back, or pivots. Meh on the 1000 things I’ve looked at so far.

So that’s that. I almost live in my truck so upgrades will be prioritized. I have about $5K cash set aside for the first round of “needs”.

Any recommendations? Ha! (nothing expected). Here to learn.

TheBlackPearl and Blueknights75 like this.
  2. Nov 13, 2021 at 1:03 PM
    Saltyhero13

Saltyhero13 Throbbing Member

Member:
    Fuel delete mod Cup holder upgrade
    Welcome.

RE: For in bed storage I would recommend Decked. In your case you will want to check to see if your clubs will fit within a drawer. The only issue I see is some humidity will get in unless you run a water tight tonneau cover or bed cap.

3. Nov 13, 2021 at 1:13 PM
    AppleFarmer

AppleFarmer [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 Tundra Platinum
    I looked at decked and the drawers aren’t deep enough for golf clubs.

Im currently looking at hammock style options side to side with a cheaper travel bag for my clubs which I can carabiner to the track cleats or something. Bed divider is the short term option but I’d like more padding under them. Thought about a stall mat.
    I have a “water tight” tonneau 3-fold. It’s not that impressive. I should have passed on it but it was dealer installed and even getting a vehicle was hard enough. I didn’t want to cause trouble. It’s dry here (7” annual rain), the bed cover keeps dirt and debris out more than water.

4. Nov 13, 2021 at 1:19 PM
    Saltyhero13

Saltyhero13 Throbbing Member

Member:
    Fuel delete mod Cup holder upgrade
    There are some other drawer systems out there with larger drawer space. The drawback tends to be a trade off between bigger storage vs lower payload on top of the drawer housing. There are a few DIY solutions people have concocted as well. Another option is to use Molle panels to strap the club bag to sides of the beds; your bed divider idea will be cheaper than this. Good luck.

5. Nov 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Welcome from LA (Lower Alabama)!

6. Nov 13, 2021 at 2:17 PM
    RitcheyRch

RitcheyRch New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Lowered & Supercharged Crewmax
    TRD Lowered and Supercharged
    Welcome from so cal

7. Nov 13, 2021 at 2:25 PM
    Blueknights75

Blueknights75 040 IS THE FASTEST

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Clayton, NC
    Vehicle:
    18’ TRD CM leveled with 295/70 Ridge Grapplers
    Welcome from NC! Love that color!!

8. Nov 13, 2021 at 2:59 PM
    ZHUNTER

ZHUNTER New Member

Member:
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2020 Quicksand Tundra DC TRD
    Westin Winch mount tray w/ custom light bar, avs hood deflector, 3” lift, badlands winch w/ wireless remote, bed stiffeners, Toyota Predator steps, Husky Floor liners
    Welcome and congrats!

9. Nov 13, 2021 at 4:42 PM
    WhyW8

WhyW8 “It’s ALWAYS Loaded”

Member:
    First Name:
    HB
    Sunny AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White SR5 CM
    Level Kit, DiamonBack Tonneau, Step Boards, Alpine Amp, Cerwin Vega powered Sub
    Welcome from sunny AZ

10. Nov 13, 2021 at 4:51 PM
    WILLINH

WILLINH New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BILL
    NEW HAMPTON, NH
    2019 TUNDRA
    Welcome from New Hampshire! Nice color

11. Nov 13, 2021 at 4:57 PM
    TheBlackPearl