1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New exhaust system questions.

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Pucks18, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Mar 10, 2020 at 6:06 PM
    Pucks18

Pucks18 [OP] Fleabit peanut monkey

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tundra 4x4 Limited trd
    Hello, just got my tbelt done, so now i can do the run repairs/upgrades. My tailpipe after me catalucti converter, and my muffler has holes in it. It is my original exhaust system on a 2001 tundra, so ya know.. pretty old. Its got the infamous exhaust header tick problem. But at the moment I'm mostly interested with just doing the exhaust after the catalytic converter. (I dont want a new catalytic converter, $$$). So is that possible? Would it make the truck sound better even if i just put a new system on after the catalytic converter? If not, could i replace the headers, tailpipe , and muffler, and then keep the same catalytic converter? The tailpipe is about to break off from the muffler so its kinda dangerous lol. Also, when i get a new system, prob gonna go with flowmaster, just seems like the best reviewed, most common ones. But ay, what do i know.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  2. Mar 10, 2020 at 6:11 PM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
  3. Mar 10, 2020 at 11:54 PM
    PenderBen

PenderBen Forum lurker…

Member:
    Gulf Islands, BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tundra AC 4x4
    Sounds like maybe you should just put a OE style catback replacement on and save to redo the whole system ‘right’ at a later date.
    I put a Walker resonator and ss muffler on mine, nothing special and time will tell on longevity, but it was cheap and works- it’s really smooth and quiet, which is good for me and where I’m at right now, but if you’re looking for noise this isn’t it.
    I prepped and painted the whole thing with high temp paint before mounting it, to try and get the most life out of it.
    With all new gaskets, clamp, some hardware and paint it was under $200CAD on Amazon, no doubt less in US, if that’s where you are.

bmf4069 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top